British Veterans - New Website by veterans

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by ShoghunUK, Apr 3, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A new website has been created by some guys that met in Headley court. Not on a course, but guys who were in the ward (I was one of them). We decided that there needed to be a better website for veterans (as many of them would be getting discharged due to their injuries).

We decided that we would have a try at making a site. The site is now up, although its not populated fully. The site is at:

http://www.british-veterans.co.uk

Its a very small team and they can do with any help. The site isn't there for profit or glory, but to try and inform veterans of anything that may help them in any way. So far it's existance has been passed by word of mouth. Please help the guys support it and make it something useful for all of us.

Cheers

2. it looks fresh and uncluttered,

best of luck for your site mate.

Trotsky

3. Sorry, double-tap again!

MsG

4. A marvellous site and very necessary in this day and age. If it points just a small percentage of the population to encompass the radically altered views needed to understand the changes in the world of war, and it's human consequences, then it's done (and is doing) its job.

MsG

5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Check PM's Shoghun

6. Thanks for your input and offers.

We hope the site will help vets, and maybe the civvys that stumble across it may gain some insight.

For the time being, if its existance can be spread by word of mouth, or word of forum, it would be much appreciated.

In the meantime, waiting for a reply from Mr Brandson to ascertain his views :)

7. Added to favourites for future use....

Good luck fellas

8. Thanks guys.

PMs are coming in thick and fast, with some great ideas and offers of help.

All of it is appreciated.

Pop over to the site and take a look. If you can think of anything that may be of use, don't be shy, just send me a pm or use the contact link on the site.

The way this is heading, we could be looking at a great site for us all.

Thank you all again.

9. udipur

udipur LE Book Reviewer

Good stuff - well done.

10. Just been sent a PM about charities that help Vets, that I was unaware of. We will hopefully have links and additional information about them added to the site.

If there are any charities or organisations that you think will help, please let me know.

Any chance of this post being a sticky?

11. Why not create a group on FB etc... one way of getting word around... good effort from all those involved btw.

12. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Here is the ex-service community:
    COBSEO

13. Again, something we didnt know.

I think, once we got fully up and running, being a member of COBSEO would be of benefit to us. The downside is the annual fee. As I mentioned, we are only a bunch of soldiers/veterans who wanted to make a site helping others. We receive no fees and all payments are from our own pockets.

Maybe in the future, who knows..

14. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

Shoghun

Had a look at the site and from a standing start its very good but you are making your life much harder by using the design technique

You would probably be much better served by using a blogging platform like Wordpress or Blogger, you can still retain the domain name but in terms of content management it will be much easier

15. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

I gave the link so that you could route about the ex-service charities not for you to join. That site has links to all those with their own websites. On something I use I have links to over a hundred Benevolent Funds which have their own websites.
    Not all the new charities are members and not all the information sites are either.