British Troops sent to Iranian Border

Nothing new here, T3 and T7 saw British troops deployed on the Iranian border - the border was in the AOs of various BGs.
I dare say they deployed on other Telics too, it would be daft not to...

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
About time, but it is a very long border. Surely the Iranians will merely shift their border shipments further north.

As much as I hate to say this, it might provide a good opportunity to start a small border fight . . .

300?

Away the Spartans!

oldbooty said:
OMFG
they will be calling me back next!
Reading your previous stuff Old Booty, me an' you both mate. Fortunately, my missus has already said I can't go out to play with these nasty boys with guns so that's me safe. Try the ingrowing toenails bit, that always worked! LOL

Meanwhile, in other news.....

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411391714&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

Advisors to Syrian President Bashar Assad are pressuring him to respond to the alleged IAF attack by "landing a blow to an Israeli target," the Kuwait-based Al-Jareeda reported Wednesday. According to the report, Israel targeted long-range missile batteries that were brought to Syria from Iran. The report said five IAF fighter jets carried out the attack.

Biped said:
As much as I hate to say this, it might provide a good opportunity to start a small border fight . . .
The Royal Navy and Marines will pardon me for saying so, but I'm not so sure that it would be such a good idea, having seen how the latest "small naval border incident" has turned out.

spike7451 said:
Did anyone think to contact the Royal Navy & get a few 'I Surrender Kits'?
I knew I should of got that one going on EBAY, does anyone know how much it went for in the end :?

As has been said this is nothing new. Just the press trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I dare say more than a few brit troops have been on the ground in Iran due to being geographically challenged.

The border in parts consists of... Wind.

Werewolf said:
Bloody Hell - where did I put that Teach Yourself Farsi course?! 8O
Kiram tu Kunet means I surrender...honest!

I heard that the Iranians are making 300 Armani suits

Cuddles said:
Werewolf said:
Bloody Hell - where did I put that Teach Yourself Farsi course?! 8O
Kiram tu Kunet means I surrender...honest!
You're all getting the wrong idea. These "Soldiers" are doing a demo on how to hang around on the border and not be taken prisoner. Its all part of the new MATTs for the Sailors.