British Troops sent to Iranian Border

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Spenny, Sep 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So the brown stuff is about to hit the whirly thing, better get my bergan on and do some tabbing lol.

2. Nothing new here, T3 and T7 saw British troops deployed on the Iranian border - the border was in the AOs of various BGs.
    I dare say they deployed on other Telics too, it would be daft not to...

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

About time, but it is a very long border. Surely the Iranians will merely shift their border shipments further north.

As much as I hate to say this, it might provide a good opportunity to start a small border fight . . .

4. 300?

Away the Spartans!

5. OMFG
    they will be calling me back next!

6. Did they remember to take their iPods?

7. Reading your previous stuff Old Booty, me an' you both mate. Fortunately, my missus has already said I can't go out to play with these nasty boys with guns so that's me safe. Try the ingrowing toenails bit, that always worked! LOL

8. Bloody Hell - where did I put that Teach Yourself Farsi course?! 8O

9. Meanwhile, in other news.....

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1189411391714&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Advisors to Syrian President Bashar Assad are pressuring him to respond to the alleged IAF attack by "landing a blow to an Israeli target," the Kuwait-based Al-Jareeda reported Wednesday. According to the report, Israel targeted long-range missile batteries that were brought to Syria from Iran. The report said five IAF fighter jets carried out the attack.

10. The Royal Navy and Marines will pardon me for saying so, but I'm not so sure that it would be such a good idea, having seen how the latest "small naval border incident" has turned out.

11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Did anyone think to contact the Royal Navy & get a few 'I Surrender Kits'?

12. I read somewhere the Iranians have two armoured divisions on exercise on their side of the border. Will have to find it again.

13. I knew I should of got that one going on EBAY, does anyone know how much it went for in the end :?

14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just don't give the map to a officer!