British Troops in Iraq: The Canaries in the Coalmine?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AndyPipkin, Sep 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What a complete load of bollacks .Thing is because this guy knows a little
    bit of the facts , people will think the entire thing is correct . Look at the
    big picture , the whole of Iraq ,and what may be happening ,before
    making your mind up of whether that link is complete crap . I know the
    facts . Its crap.
  2. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Not sure who has the verifiable facts on the drawdown in Maysan.

The guy who wrote the piece (one Chris Floyd) can be contacted at or , if you want to tell him he's talking sh1te.

I have forwarded the link to some grown ups in DCC(Army) , because I think this merits a positive official response from UK end. Whether they can be arrsed, is another issue.

Le Chevre

3. Glad to see that there is no manning problem in the QRH
  4. Is this an indication of how accurate this blog is?????
  5. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

This piece also appeared in The Baltimore Chronicle, 1 Sept 2006.

Retrieved from ""

The Editor, Alice Cherbonnier is described in another online journal:

Le Chevre
  6. I've never read so much crap in all my life! That is not the situation on the ground at all - the Hussars have been re roled, but they have not retreated at all. So British forces are pretty much confined to base are they? Complete shite!

God bless America eh?!!
  7. Cutsy you've hit it on the head. It's a rerole and it's been planned for months.

I know how he's got his sums wrong but I'm not saying.
  8. "He that would keep a secret must keep it secret that he hath a secret to keep" Humphrey Appleby(Yes Minister).
    Me: I know nothing - but it sounds like a load of bollocks.
  9. There are certain things we get told, in the course of our daily business, which from time to time keep us more in the know than others. Of course we are less in the know than many, many others.

If we start divulging information on here then we become indiscreet and could possibly compromise OPSEC.

So sure, quote Humprey Appleby at me. What I know isn't a secret but in my opinion it shouldn't be common knowledge at this time because my mates lives could depend on me keeping my mouth shut.

Fair enuff?
  10. I'm not suggesting you breach OpSec, try re-reading the quote.
  11. I'm happy with what I posted but I wasn't getting at you.
  12. I hear you G-DAV, well put . Anyway'' days to do are getting few ''