LE
Book Reviewer
Just how far is the Ukraine from Poland / arsking for a Soldier friend

Just how far is the Ukraine from Poland / arsking for a Soldier friend
They share a long border.

BBC News 07DEC14_eu_russia_summit_624map4.gif

central-eastern-europe-map.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry Mr Lavrov, I can see your trying hard, but your not even in the same league of talking super BS with a straight face as the man that set the Gold Standard.... Tariq Aziz.

I did think the RM had other ideas, of how they were now to deploy . . . ?!

Published by: Rosie Laydon, FORCES NET, on 07 February 2022.

UK to send 350 Royal Marines to Poland as tensions rise in Eastern Europe.

The deployment will boost the presence of British Armed Forces, with 100 Royal Engineers already in the country.

A further 350 British troops are to be sent to Poland, as tensions over Russia's military build-up on its border with Ukraine continue.

According to the Ministry of Defence, Royal Marines from 45 Commando will work with Poland on "joint exercises, contingency planning and capacity building".

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace said the deployment will send a strong signal that the two countries "stand side by side".

850 UK troops head to Estonia amid Ukraine tensions
Russia accused of planning false flag operation to justify Ukraine invasion
Analysis: When would Russia be most likely to invade Ukraine?

It falls under a bilateral arrangement between the two countries, outside of any NATO commitments.

Speaking at a joint press conference in London with Polish Defence Minister Mariusz Blaszczak, Mr Wallace said they would add to 100 Royal Engineers already in the country since a border crisis with Belarus arose in 2021.

As Russian forces continue to gather at the Ukrainian border, Mr Wallace spoke highly of allied cooperation and planning in case Russia make the "foolish mistake" of invading a sovereign country.

Capture.PNG

[Note: Includes useful/informative video]

Posted on this "british-troops-being-sent-to-poland" thread, and also on the "russian-troop-movements-reported-near-ukraine" thread.

Put yourself in Putin's shoes.

Russia has been emasculated over the past 25 years; a once great power now a shadow of itself. Putin portrays himself as a strong man, and lets face it, some of his actions of late have been rather robust.

As the former USSR / Soviet Bloc has shrunk, the buffer States between NATO and Russia are falling under Western influence.

It doesn't matter how "we" see it, I can completely understand how RU sees it. "We" are encroaching.
Rather astute, if I say so myself...

Don't know why you need to send Brit troops because It's illegal for an asylum seeker to enter Poland.. End of!...

The migrants are solely Belarusian problem.. nothing to do with any other country...
British troops to Poland to help the fleeing hoards are the excuse, the reason is to let Moscow know that any incursion into Poland will be met with robust force if required. Watch as the brit VSO asked MOD for more boots on the ground as "The situation here requires added help and humanitarian stores and supplies" for supplies read, Armour, explosives various, air cover and the full 9 yards of a functioning battle group....just a few random thoughts. :salut:
Its a very dangerous game to play, Putin is like a Saturday night drunk, very unpredictable, and can kick off at the slightest provocation.:drunken:

British troops to Poland to help the fleeing hoards are the excuse, the reason is to let Moscow know that any incursion into Poland will be met with robust force if required. Watch as the brit VSO asked MOD for more boots on the ground as "The situation here requires added help and humanitarian stores and supplies" for supplies read, Armour, explosives various, air cover and the full 9 yards of a functioning battle group....just a few random thoughts. :salut:
Its a very dangerous game to play, Putin is like a Saturday night drunk, very unpredictable, and can kick off at the slightest provocation.:drunken:
He will get a bloody nose if he tries it on with the Poles. Even in Warsaw pact days the Soviets hesitated in intervening in Poland in 1981 when the Solidarity strikes were on, as they did in Hugary in 56 and Czechoslovakia in 68 as they knew that both the Polish Army and people would have fought them bitterly.

He will get a bloody nose if he tries it on with the Poles. Even in Warsaw pact days the Soviets hesitated in intervening in Poland in 1981 when the Solidarity strikes were on, as they did in Hungary in 56 and Czechoslovakia in 68 as they knew that both the Polish Army and people would have fought them bitterly.
Thank you, i forgot all about that. :salut:

As is schimpfing when a total stranger makes a good call.
Write that down Darling ‘Schimpfing’ must use that word more in conversation!
5526488E-143B-4D3C-949D-8CC5BC1AADBF.jpeg

Crikey, have not heard that used in a hell of a long time, made me smile I have to admit.

Latest Threads