British troops being sent to Poland to help with migrant problem

British troops have deployed to Poland to "address the ongoing situation at the Belarus border".

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said a unit had been dispatched as tensions at the two nations' frontier soared, with Minsk accused of trafficking thousands of Middle Eastern migrants to the edge of the EU.

Strange that they can't be deployed to Dover to stop our own crisis.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
They'd have to be deployed to France (again) to do that.

4(T)

LE

British troops have deployed to Poland to "address the ongoing situation at the Belarus border".

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) said a unit had been dispatched as tensions at the two nations' frontier soared, with Minsk accused of trafficking thousands of Middle Eastern migrants to the edge of the EU.

I imagine the UK govt solution to the Poland border crisis will be to fly the poor little migrants directly here. I expect our troops are going there to prepare the reception centres.

Its probably not even worth taking a bet on.

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
Don't know why you need to send Brit troops because It's illegal for an asylum seeker to enter Poland.. End of!...

The migrants are solely Belarusian problem.. nothing to do with any other country...

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I imagine the UK govt solution to the Poland border crisis will be to fly the poor little migrants directly here. I expect our troops are going there to prepare the reception centres.

Or perhaps they're Sappers helping on the counter-mobility 'big barbed wire fence' task.

Don't know why you need to send Brit troops because It's illegal for an asylum seeker to enter Poland.. End of!...

The migrants are solely Belarusian problem.. nothing to do with any other country...
Ww3 innit, we are approaching the end times.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer

If they're solely the Belarussian's problem why are you so concerned that you've deployed loads of troops, threatened 'escalation' and accepted our help?

Anybody would think you (and us) are doing exactly as Vlad wants.

Hybrid warfare - difficult isn't it?

Snowy.

On ROPS
On ROPs
If they're solely the Belarussian's problem why are you so concerned that you've deployed loads of troops, threatened 'escalation' and accepted our help?

Anybody would think you (and us) are doing exactly as Vlad wants.

Hybrid warfare - difficult isn't it?

Article says just engineering support...

Shouldn't they be busy building a sea barrier in the channel?.

mrboo

LE
Not very stealthey southwest of moscow

Snap 2021-11-12 at 18.32.43.png

snapper

War Hero

Aye, and look what happened the last time Britain sent troops to help Poland...

It all kicked off into the last major world wide unpleasantness. Out of interest, are there any German troops there this time round?

Mech_Eng

ADC
Book Reviewer
Is Belarus a diversion from the Russians harboured just off Ukraines border?

It all kicked off into the last major world wide unpleasantness. Out of interest, are there any German troops there this time round?

Nowadays the Bundeswehr will all have applied for a weeks leave pass..........to avoid any harsh words, or conflict so that Angela doesn't get upset.

Mech_Eng

ADC
Book Reviewer
I'll grab me Osprey and some ammo then.
58 pattern and that rifle if you please, a little bit of 7.62 mm, and I want the old compo packs. Cant do **** all with out chicken curry. No need for body armour, as all my pockets will be full of round deflecting shit.

exspy

LE

Britain didn't send troops to Poland to help Poland. It sent troops to France and Belgium to help Poland.

Maybe the troops can be sent to Calais this time instead.

Proff3RTR

War Hero
58 pattern and that rifle if you please, a little bit of 7.62 mm, and I want the old compo packs. Cant do **** all with out chicken curry. No need for body armour, as all my pockets will be full of round deflecting shit.
the old compo was the mutts nuts, 10 man rat packs were my favorite, the compo sausages were mint, & as for the bacon grill, mega.