British troops attacked in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Barrack Room Lawyer, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An attack on a British convoy in Iraq has caused casualties, the Ministry of Defence says.
    A spokesman said there had been a number of casualties but was unable to give further details.

Iraqi police officials say a roadside bomb exploded on Sunday in the Kahla area, 25 miles south of Amarah.

British forces sealed off the area and a helicopter evacuated casualties. No details have been given on the number of injured or how badly hurt they are.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/4590911.stm

2. does not give to much info may find out more later date

hope they get home soon :!:

3. Lets hope there are no serious casualties.

4. Sky are reporting at least one person killed. I hope they are fcuking wrong :cry:

5. MoD are reporting one death. We can only hope that the survivors have been spared serious injury.

RIP.

6. Radio news reporting one dead and multiple serious injuries.

RIP mate and rapid recovery to the injured parties.

7. BBC are reporting 1 dead. RIP

8. rip

i wish a speedy recovery to all the others involved

9. Rest In Peace.

My condolences to the family and a speedy recovery to the injured.

10. R.I.P.

Condolences to those who grieve and best wishes to the injured for full and speedy recoveries.

11. Reuters also carrying the story of the attack, which occurred at approx 0500Hrs GMT this morning.

Thoughts go out to the family and friends of the dead and injured....

RIP

Ghost :(

12. RIP and heart felt sadness to the family. I hope the troops recover quickly.

13. My deepest sympathies for the families of those killed and injured. RIP. A speedy recovery to those who were injured.

14. Rest in peace. Condolences to friends and family.

15. my sincere sympathy and condolences for the family of those who have been killed and injured .

yannie