British troop levels in Iraq to drop by 2007

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Nov 27, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain expects to be able to withdraw "thousands" of its troops from Iraq by the end of 2007, Defence Minister Des Browne said on Monday.

Browne refused to give specific numbers, but said: "By the end of next year I expect numbers for British forces in Iraq to be significantly lower by a matter of thousands."

I like this quote;

"I have been asking our planners to look at all the options to make sure we do not ask a single soldier to remain in Iraq longer than is necessary," said Browne.

What planners would that be Des?

"We need to be clear that handover does not mean withdrawal," he said, adding that it was not worth speculating whether there might be any longer-term presence.

Bit of back peddling there,eh Des...

There have been growing calls for Washington to engage with Iran and Syria to stop Iraq descending into civil war and Browne said Iran would face isolation unless it played a positive role.

Growing calls from who? Dubbya?

So lads,is this just Liebour bu**shit repackaged or do they genuinly believe what they are spinning......
  2. Look HERE

and HERE

No, they don't believe what they spin. They need the voters to do that. This is "We're getting the feck outta Dodge, but we (Neue Arbeit) need you (Joe Public) to think we're leaving 'cos we've done the job - otherwise, you might think we're a useless bunch of lying tossers".

I say, Do keep up at the back . . . . :wink: