British transport police are they all ******* useless?

London Bridge has a BTP station, it's situated less than a 100yds from the station itself and the twats still drive upto the station for coffee and donuts/Greggs.
No doubt because they got sick and tired of getting shit every time they fancied a brew and could scrape 5 minutes off for it

They do a lot of counter terrorism stuff I'm told

That does sound awfully
6D01A593-48C0-4734-9AB6-B0CB0717EBF1.jpeg

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
No doubt because they got sick and tired of getting shit every time they fancied a brew and could scrape 5 minutes off for it
I just put it down to, especially as I see them most days, to being lardarrses.

Harbour Police in Belfast used to call us (PSNI) if someone said a rude word. Every one I met was a useless cnut, and most of them were fat.

I see your Belfast Harbour Peelers and raise you NIAL Police (of blessed memory).

A bigger bunch of clowns I had the misfortune to encounter when 'liasing' with their CID (2 fat blokes in C and A suits) some years ago.

The CCTV man insisted on sitting at the monitoring station sporting a stainless steel 4" Smith at his belt.

:rolleyes:

Speaking of revolvers and useless cops, one of the Belfast Harbour peelers was such a slack b'stard, his (then) 14 year old son got the hold of his Ruger and took it to school to show his mates.

The son of another BHP officer got hold of his gat, took it to a house party in Carrickfergus, and added a skylight to the upstairs landing.

Speaking of revolvers and useless cops, one of the Belfast Harbour peelers was such a slack b'stard, his (then) 14 year old son got the hold of his Ruger and took it to school to show his mates.

The son of another BHP officer got hold of his gat, took it to a house party in Carrickfergus, and added a skylight to the upstairs landing.
Didn't know they were armed. Thought they were sort of semi warranted security guards, like airport Police. Im shocked I tells ye. :oops:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I see your Belfast Harbour Peelers and raise you NIAL Police (of blessed memory).

A bigger bunch of clowns I had the misfortune to encounter when 'liasing' with their CID (2 fat blokes in C and A suits) some years ago.

The CCTV man insisted on sitting at the monitoring station sporting a stainless steel 4" Smith at his belt.

somebody has to guard the biscuits !

Didn't know they were armed. Thought they were sort of semi warranted security guards, like airport Police. Im shocked I tells ye. :oops:

Yes indeed, BHP carry the same Glocks as PSNI these days, they had the Speed Six before that.

They called us one time because they saw "Romanians" who were "armed with knives". We attended, and spoke to said "Romanians" (they were Dutch). They were on the Harbour Estate perfectly lawfully, weren't armed and perfectly civil.

Our Chief Inspector wasn't amused, and said so in a phone call to BHP, using very loud and very Anglo-Saxon words.

Yes indeed, BHP carry the same Glocks as PSNI these days, they had the Speed Six before that.

They called us one time because they saw "Romanians" who were "armed with knives". We attended, and spoke to said "Romanians" (they were Dutch). They were on the Harbour Estate perfectly lawfully, weren't armed and perfectly civil.

Our Chief Inspector wasn't amused, and said so in a phone call to BHP, using very loud and very Anglo-Saxon words.
Who has oversight on them?

Green_Homer

War Hero
The BTP are also the only national police force we have and do some interesting stuff including counter-terrorism and football hooliganism. They are also very good when there is a fatality on the railway.

MoD Police and Civil Nuclear Police are also national forces. BTP are more closely aligned to Home office forces admittedly though in methods of operating.

My friend told me that they lost almost half their number a few years ago due to their shift pattern meaning that they were working almost all the Saturdays to cover football matches. At one point he was barely a year in and was the 'senior' officer covering a patch incorporating a few small citiesb alongside a brand new probie!

Another works in a major hub and by contrast has resources thrown at him... ‍♂️

Re: fatalities they turned up (genuinely was 45mins give or take) to a job involving someone threatening to jump off a railway bridge. This was after we had started to make progress with calming him down, they then drove straight in blues and sirens which escalated things somewhat..

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

I recently came across Falmouth Docks Police.

Apparently there are only four of them but they are an actual police force with powers of arrest etc.

From my dealings with them, they appear to just be very angry traffic wardens in a small dockyard.

One wonders what the point is. Why does Falmouth Docks need its own police force?

Nope just wonder how some folk can sit in an office and draw a wage whilst ignoring punch ups etc meters from where they are sat and hear it.
Do you know the station was manned at that point? Perhaps the officers were out at another job, possibly following up cable theft or a serious trespass. They might have been looking for someone reported as suicidal. BTP are, in my experience pretty good at what they do. They suffer from the same issues as Home Office forces, namely overburdensome admin, lack of resources and unrealistic expectations of both management and customers.

Green_Homer

War Hero
I recently came across Falmouth Docks Police.

Apparently there are only four of them but they are an actual police force with powers of arrest etc.

From my dealings with them, they appear to just be very angry traffic wardens in a small dockyard.

One wonders what the point is. Why does Falmouth Docks need its own police force?
Plenty of non home office constabularies such as Port of Dover, Portland, Mersey tunnel police.

Most have very limited powers and jurisdiction specific to their needs but like BTP, MDP etc exist to provide a dedicated response to their 'customer'. Home office retain overall jurisdiction but generally leave responsibility to the non home office forces for routine tasks which would take up their resources.

You do know that most nicks outside of 9-5 don't have anyone in them don't you.
That's assuming you have functioning police station near you. Ours is just "used for refs".
Any trouble in the town go and knock the door, if they are there they'll open a window and tell you to use the telephone by the door.
That'll put you through to Lewes - some 40 miles from the town.

Do you know the station was manned at that point? Perhaps the officers were out at another job, possibly following up cable theft or a serious trespass. They might have been looking for someone reported as suicidal. BTP are, in my experience pretty good at what they do. They suffer from the same issues as Home Office forces, namely overburdensome admin, lack of resources and unrealistic expectations of both management and customers.
Their London Underground Division had a very good unit dealing with Romanian dipping gangs and sexual offences (gropers) on the tube.

No-one was prosecuted over the death of a man who was restrained in the street by public transport workers despite the case being reviewed three times.
Jack Barnes, 29, shouted "I can't breathe" repeatedly while being restrained in a street in Manchester

WLM?

Latest Threads