British teacher charged in the Sudan.

#2
You would have thought that she might have spotted the potential problem. Total lack of cultural awareness I would say.
 
#4
Already, I thought she'd get a trial at least, seems a little harsh.

Taxi, coat.
 
#6
Careful or they'll send round a 30 stone guy to try and wind you up. Yes you guessed it...............................................................................................................a Fat Wah.
 
#8
EX_STAB said:
You would have thought that she might have spotted the potential problem. Total lack of cultural awareness I would say.
As said previously, there must have been a "total lack of cultural awareness" amongst the children, the parents and the other teaching staff all of whom knew about the name but didn't have a problem with it.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
Stone the kids is what I say, and then the parents for failing to instill in the little scrotes the social norms concerning Allah (May his blessings fill your house with joy) and Mohamed (war, beheadings and exploding towers be upon him).
 
#12
It shows that she is lacking a bit of common sense, maybe she should try another job, health and safety springs to mind.
 
#13
AT55 said:
It shows that she is lacking a bit of common sense, maybe she should try another job, health and safety springs to mind.
Of course the law in which she transgressed against has sense written all over it.
 
#14
EX_STAB said:
You would have thought that she might have spotted the potential problem. Total lack of cultural awareness I would say.
No carelessness here:
"What has happened was not haphazard or carried out of ignorance, but rather a calculated action and another ring in the circles of plotting against Islam," the Sudanese Assembly of the Ulemas said in a statement.
Obviously she was no harmless "teacher" but rather a wily assassin bent on nothing short of dismantling Islam, one toy at a time. She deserves no less than the maximum penulty.
 
#15
[align=center]
[/align]


Monty Python's - Life of Brian (Stoned to death...)

- Matthias, son of Deutoronomy of Gath...
- Do I say yes?
- Yes.
- Yes!
- You have been found guilty by the elders of the town of uttering the name of our Lord. And so as a blasphemer you are to be stoned to death.
- Look, I'd had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was: "That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah."
- Blasphemy! He said it again! Did you hear him?
- Yeah! Yes, we did! Really!
- Are there any women here today? Very well... By virtue of the authority vested in me...
- Oh, lay off! We haven't started yet!
- Come on! Who threw that? Who threw that stone, come on!
- She did! She did!... He did! He did! He did!
- Sorry, I thought we'd started.
- Go to the back.
- Oh, dear.
- Always one, isn't there? Now, where were we?
- Look, I don't think it ought to be blasphemy, just saying "Jehovah".
- You're only making it worse for yourself!
- Making it worse?! How could it be worse? Jehovah! Jehovah! Jehovah!
- I'm warning you! If you say "Jehovah" once more... Right! Who threw that? Come on! Who threw that?
- She did!... Him! Him! Him!
- Was it you?
- Yes.
- Right...
- Well, you did say "Jehovah"...
- Stop. Stop. Will you stop that? Stop it! Now, look. No one is to stone anyone until I blow this whistle. Do you understand? Even... And I want to make this absolutely clear... Even if they do say "Jehovah".
- Good shot!!! (less)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_hlMK7tCks&feature=related
 
#16
YesItsMe said:
religion seems to be the root of all evil

...is the correct answer.
 
#17
#19
I have to say, I hate it when somebody goes abroad, breaks their rules, no matter how stupid the rules are, then asks for us to help them! Remember, ignorance of the law is not a defence.

Mind you, some of our judges in their ivory towers would do well to remember that last bit when foriegners use the excuse "but I didn't realise it was against the law, it's okay in my country!"
 
#20
Odinist_and_proud said:
I have to say, I hate it when somebody goes abroad, breaks their rules, no matter how stupid the rules are, then asks for us to help them! Remember, ignorance of the law is not a defence.

Mind you, some of our judges in their ivory towers would do well to remember that last bit when foriegners use the excuse "but I didn't realise it was against the law, it's okay in my country!"
The ignorant should not be able to prosecute people either........
 

Top