British Special Forces

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Predator_07, Feb 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. With regards to Special Forces how does it all work,is it a case of a Para/Marine completing training phase then applying to say SAS/SBS or is there some other way that it is all done.

Also do you have to be a member of SAS/SBS to join SFSG or SRR,any help would be appreciated
  2. Wwwaaahhhhhhhhh !!!
  3. Are you trying for an OT tag?
  4. I echo the sentiment...

5. Why are you asking? Become a soldier first and worry about selection for SF second (quite a long way second).

Failing that there are any number of books written on SAS / SBS which will tell you who / how they are selected. The process has remained more or less unchanged over the years.
  6. Definately a WAH!
  7. Why would you want to be "Special forces?"
  8. Well if Mr "Mcnabb"s and "Ryan"s books are anything to go by, you have massive quantities of sex with super attractive women..... :)

9. But they are the truth aren't they??????

Oh and just to add.................................................................................

10. I've already served as a marine when i was younger and at the time never really considered looking into special force areas.But i have an intrest in serving again and would like to go for the top of the table this time and i'm just wondering is it a case of applying or getting picked
  11. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Oh dear.
  12. Just send a full CV to the RCMO of 49 Para and request a full information pack. I can't put the address on a public forum though, PM MDN for full details
  13. In that case you should know the answer to your question already, should'nt you Marine Golden :roll:
  14. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Then you know the entry route.
  15. Also is there anywhere to find out about how much the basic SF pay is etc