British Special Forces

With regards to Special Forces how does it all work,is it a case of a Para/Marine completing training phase then applying to say SAS/SBS or is there some other way that it is all done.

Also do you have to be a member of SAS/SBS to join SFSG or SRR,any help would be appreciated

Wwwaaahhhhhhhhh !!!

Why are you asking? Become a soldier first and worry about selection for SF second (quite a long way second).

Failing that there are any number of books written on SAS / SBS which will tell you who / how they are selected. The process has remained more or less unchanged over the years.

slimjim said:
Why would you want to be "Special forces?"
Well if Mr "Mcnabb"s and "Ryan"s books are anything to go by, you have massive quantities of sex with super attractive women..... :)

petergriffen said:
slimjim said:
Why would you want to be "Special forces?"
Well if Mr "Mcnabb"s and "Ryan"s books are anything to go by, you have massive quantities of sex with super attractive women..... :)

But they are the truth aren't they??????

Oh and just to add.................................................................................

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RoyalJock said:
Why are you asking? Become a soldier first and worry about selection for SF second (quite a long way second).

Failing that there are any number of books written on SAS / SBS which will tell you who / how they are selected. The process has remained more or less unchanged over the years.
I've already served as a marine when i was younger and at the time never really considered looking into special force areas.But i have an intrest in serving again and would like to go for the top of the table this time and i'm just wondering is it a case of applying or getting picked

oldbaldy

LE
Predator_07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:51 pm Post subject: oath of allegiance
Do they still make recuirts swear an oath of allegiance

Oh dear.

Just send a full CV to the RCMO of 49 Para and request a full information pack. I can't put the address on a public forum though, PM MDN for full details

Predator_07 said:
RoyalJock said:

I've already served as a marine when i was younger and at the time never really considered looking into special force areas.But i have an intrest in serving again and would like to go for the top of the table this time and i'm just wondering is it a case of applying or getting picked
In that case you should know the answer to your question already, should'nt you Marine Golden :roll:

oldbaldy

LE
Predator_07 said:
I've already served as a marine when i was younger and at the time never really considered looking into special force areas.
Then you know the entry route.
WAH!

Predator,

I am very impressed with the consistency of your posts. You are making a truly outstanding contribution to the wider defence debate. The posts that you have started have all been treated with the respect that they deserve and you are obviously making lots of new friends.

I particularly enjoyed you post on the subject of ‘oath of allegiance’, which displays a level of sophistication and eloquence that truly mark you out from the crowd.

‘I find it strange that a bunch of non-soldiers are caring about an oath so much from what i recall it was us infanty,paras,marines that do all the fighting not you reme chefs,etc.
You cant even cook proper food. The oath means more to people like me because thats wat they say ur fighting for ,getting shot at for but i didnt see why u fight for a queen and country,i'd rather taking an oath for family and country not a tourism attraction’

Predator_07 said:
Also is there anywhere to find out about how much the basic SF pay is etc
Yes...

Its given to you with your silk E&E Map

oldbaldy said:
Predator_07 said:
I've already served as a marine when i was younger and at the time never really considered looking into special force areas.
Then you know the entry route.
WAH!

Only to be a standard soldier not SF soldier,so am wanting to find out as much as i can,because the careers offices are clueless about it and i know that understanding is better than not having a clue

so chant ur wee WAH WAH like a baby all u want or be decent and help out if u can instead of beening a tool

Latest Threads