British Special Forces?

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Trip_Wire, Jun 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

2. In unrelated news, trip wire will later discover the wheel and sliced breadª

3. Not that old chestnut again. They are Royal Artillery, who were taking the opportunity to do some boat training. Still a giggle though.

4. And I bet they were told, "sure those rifle's will work"

5. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I don't quite get what you are trying to tell me here "Pillager." If it is that it is old news, it wasn't for me. This was the first time I had seen it and it was posted just the other day on an American military board, that I frequent.

Oh! BTW: To the soldiers envolved in that operation: Take heart lads, we're hearing a lot of goat bleeting noises and hoof beats, rushing to your aid! The recently demoted L/CPL Welsh Mascot Goat, is leading the rescue party to your location!!! :p :wink:

6. Least Billy is better looked after than Ptes soz Pvts in your 101 Airborne, nobody snatches Billy!

7. I'm moving this to 'Gunners' as it was 40 Regt RA - I imagine GQ may want to merge it with existing threads on this subject.

No harm, no foul.

8. Trip Wire, I suggest you take that film and your question to www.militaryphotos.net.
    Maybe the lads there can answer your question correctly.

My guess is they say they're RMM Royal Mud Marines :wink:

9. its just that its been around for a while and some think its big and clever to take the pish as it was an RA unit who should

The joke of the matter is I challenge anyone to look professional jumping into that cr*p

Personally I think it was a set-up like my first beach landing where the sods parked off in deep water just to watch us neck high stumbling towards the shore

Still it is funny :D

10. Attached Files:

11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

I didn't have any real question, the site where it was posted in the title had "British Special Forces." I added the question mark, because I doubted that the troops shown were in Special Operations. In any case, it would seem that the identification of the unit has been made right here. So, No Worries Mate!

12. Thought they were Engrs

13. I can confirm 100% that it is 40th Regt RA, it was taken on Telic 2, I'll save the Battery's blushes and not tell you which one it was.

14. everybody knows which Battery it was!!!!! ROAAAAAAARRR

15. With regard to the footage of the guys getting beached in the mud etc, Yep it was a certain battery in 40 Field regt, i should know their BC at the time of the
    footage being shot is now my BC in a certain Air Defence Regiment.. :eek: