British Special Forces In Movies and TV Appearances

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by aidan123, Sep 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is my first post, i basically just want to find out a list of movies and tv appearances which have involved the British SAS/SBS/SOE or any other form of British special forces. It does not matter how big or small the part or role they may have, for instance the movie Transformers does include british special forces, albiet a very small role, any help is much appreciated!

2. Wrong room. Try films,music and all things artsy.

Knob

3. FDW

FDW Old-Salt

That SAS fella in the transformers movie had a shockingly yank style beret on.

4. FDW

FDW Old-Salt

eastenders has that guy from the SAS in, or used to. grant something wasnt it

• Like Like x 1
  5. H3

H3 LE

Soldier soldier .
    Dads Army.
    It ain't half hot Mum .

Just a few where ' Them ' played a major roll in every episode :0)

6. H3

H3 LE

Oh and don't forget that classic ..... The A team !

7. Fine pair of shoulders lovely boy, show 'em off, show 'em off.

• Like Like x 1
  8. This one,

sound-of-music-photo1.jpg

But it's still secret.

• Like Like x 2
  9. suggest you make a modicum of effort using google, wiki, imdb and the search thread here.
    expecting others to type reams of titles -good, bad, indifferent and the downright ghastly- whilst you have made zero effort is rather piss-poor & pathetic.

• Like Like x 1
  10. new show called strike back includes all brit and brit/USA special forces in very over the top combat roles. lol

11. You didn't mention Blackadder Goes Forth

12. Covert speshul agent death,

• Like Like x 1
  13. I have Looked on The net but its not brilliant for finding the answers, im mainly looking for a WWII Movie from the 60s/70s where a band of soldiers from different nations go on a mission, and one of the main characters wears an SAS Beret, any ideas?

14. Tho not WWII both Wild Geese & Dogs of War have characters with sandy berets.
    Possibly The Dark of the Sun as well.

WWII - The Guns of Naverone & Ill Met by Moonlight, but no berets.
    The Heroes of Telemark & Where Eagles Dare could also fall within your remit.
    Again no berets nor Winged Daggery.

15. You say this is your first post.

Not quite correct is it? As your first post was actually back in July. Some shite thread about webbing. But as you have a smaller than usual brain, I'll let that slide.

Go to the Amazon website and purchase all the boxed copies of the Carry On films. Most of them involved Special Forces, or was it Special People?

Don't miss Carry on up the Khyber. I know for a fact that an ex SAS WO was involved as a technical advisor, as well as having the starring role.

As H3 recommends, It ain't half hot mum, is a must see as well.

If you hadn't posted back in July, I'd have called shit wind up. But alas, and in cringeworthy shame, I'm sure you are serious.