British Sovereignty Restoration Medal - A Brexit Gong

Do we need a Brexit Gong?

• Yes please, I deserve another medal.

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Yes please our brave boys and girls deserve another medal.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No. I wouldn't get it so nobody should.

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • No. Unearned bling is silly.

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • No. I want to remain in the EU.

Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Most countries dish out gongs on achieving independence I wonder if anyone has thought about a gong for Brexit. We certainly have gongs for other notable national events and Brexit is the biggest.

The monarch's head on the obverse and the royal coat of arms on the reverse or perhaps the Parliamentary Portcullis with a red white and blue ribbon.

Issued to all ranks serving on the day - another stab in the back for the NDM crowd.

Bit early to try and get on the SPOTY nominations for 2017 isn't it? And you actually put it in the Medals forum as well.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Bit early to try and get on the SPOTY nominations for 2017 isn't it? And you actually put it in the Medals forum as well.
Stranger things have happened at sea. I wanted to be able to say I thought of it first if it comes to pass.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Stranger things have happened at sea. I wanted to be able to say I thought of it first if it comes to pass.
Actually somebody else asked me if I thought we would get one so I didn't think of it first but I got it into arrse first.

Most countries dish out gongs on achieving independence I wonder if anyone has thought about a gong for Brexit. We certainly have gongs for other notable national events and Brexit is the biggest.

The monarch's head on the obverse and the royal coat of arms on the reverse or perhaps the Parliamentary Portcullis with a red white and blue ribbon.

Issued to all ranks serving on the day - another stab in the back for the NDM crowd.
Did I blink and miss brexit happening?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Why not. That would be two things won. Brexit and a medal for getting it to work, seems entirely reasonable.

Well if Liz doesn't shake this cold soon Charlie will get promoted and we'll all be getting another anyway. Issue them at the same time and it'll save everyone a fortune in medal mounting.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Obviously there will be certain civvies entitled too. We need to think about what the criteria for them would be.
Same as for Jubilee Medals. Although maybe people in the community should be able to nominate worthy recipients too.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Assuming you're serious, this is the gayest idea since Stuart Lubbock decided on an evening of poppers and swimming.
As I mentioned it wasn't my idea but it amused me and I thought I'd share.

How about a Bronze Star equivalent for all the civil servants that only take one third of their sick days in the year, a silver star for those who only take half and a Gold star for those who don't take any sick days at all.
Come to think of it, as the coppers, fire brigade, prison officers et al all got the "I was in uniform when the Queen didn't die" medals along with the military, did the Civil Servants get them as well?
The "I was in uniform when the Queen died" medal will, I hope, be a long time in coming.

I'm going to sell the idea of a brexit medal to all the commemorative medal companies out there, assuming they haven't already started designing one

ugly

LE
I'm going to sell the idea of a brexit medal to all the commemorative medal companies out there, assuming they haven't already started designing one
Definitely a lion rampant, in fact the WW1 victory medal could be restruck!

Ridiculous idea.

However, if it sends the BAOR NDM whiners into apoplexy, I'm all for it.

There could be two medals awarded:

a. The first for those who voted to leave.

b. The second one for the same people when we actually leave (in the unlikely event that they are still alive when that happens).

Latest Threads