• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

British Soldier Refused Room in Woking Hotel: Outrage Bus

Is it because Surrey is now so far up its own ring (credit boom et al)
that the rest of the human population (especially AF) are now beneath them.
Seems strange from a County that once boasted such a fine Regiment,
kicking footballs at Christmas and all that.

(Still a bunch of knobs though)

HH

Litotes said:
I'm glad I don't live anywhere near Woking; the Americans are probably thinking about nuking it at the moment! :D

Litotes
It can only improve the place!

Just goes to show who the UK's allies are. Knock the spams as much as you want but they're a fairly decent bunch overall and join in sooner or later in most cases ;) .Where's the letters of support from the French or Zee Germans eh?????? :D

I bet the Metro Hotel are really wishing they'd let that guy stay now...

How shameful it is to our Country that it takes the American's to once again remind us how to treat our Servicemen and Women properly.

It may well bring a positive outcome and kick start something meaningful. Fingers crossed.

Aren't we going to look even bigger cnuts when the septics see this

Refused accom as hotel had a "treat with caution" policy following multiple incidents with soldiers from the local barracks staying there. It was allegedly poor behaviour on the part of members of the British Army that caused the policy to be imposed in the first place
Trash a place mulptiple times then kick off when someone is refused entry...... Great reason to voice outrage.

I wonder if the spetics kicked off as much at Rumsfeld when he bullshitted about Weapons of Mass destruction.

Very rare I cringe and shy away from my loyalties and the things I am proud of...... but this is one of them.

I must say, It is brilliant to see this support from over the pond, but not surprising.

I was over on holiday earlier in the year and their troops are treated brilliantly. As soon as I flashed my ID card, I was given discount in all (but one) shop and given free food and drinks.

They were frankly appalled at the way we are treated, and could not believe it.

Without turning this into a national debate, anywhere in Scotland I go that I am know as forces, I always get a great reception, anywhere else you pretty much are looking for trouble IMHO.

This company, now, must be quaking in their boots, and rightly so.

Everyone is aware that this incident happened nearly four months ago and that the hotel had actually apologised (despite multiple incidents involving soldiers) long before the subject fell into the hands of the press?

What happened to the original thread from this morning? Has it been taken down because some of you lot have been phoning the hotel?

You bad bastards

:D

minister_doh_nut said:
Aren't we going to look even bigger cnuts when the septics see this

Refused accom as hotel had a "treat with caution" policy following multiple incidents with soldiers from the local barracks staying there. It was allegedly poor behaviour on the part of members of the British Army that caused the policy to be imposed in the first place
Trash a place mulptiple times then kick off when someone is refused entry...... Great reason to voice outrage.

I wonder if the spetics kicked off as much at Rumsfeld when he bullshitted about Weapons of Mass destruction.

Very rare I cringe and shy away from my loyalties and the things I am proud of...... but this is one of them.
Point taken but there is a subtle difference in behavior between 1 soldier and whole bunch of them on the razz

Bravo2nothing said:
How shameful it is to our Country that it takes the American's to once again remind us how to treat our Servicemen and Women properly.
It may well bring a positive outcome and kick start something meaningful. Fingers crossed.

:D It's owned and run by an American company - American Amusements Ltd.

They also own;

The Big Apple Family Entertainment Centre
Chameleon Bar
Quake Night Club

Wonder if they may soon be retraining some staff?

Interesting, I wondered if the hotel had bad experiences with squaddies in the past, but the thing is, this was one lad on his own. Also the hotel won't just admit that they told their staff to refuse to take bookings from squaddies, weasel words from them about mistakes and shit.

Subtle!!!?????

Point taken but there is a subtle difference in behavior between 1 soldier and whole bunch of them on the razz
Have you never been held to account for the actions of others?

We must have served in different Armies.

minister_doh_nut said:
Have you never been held to account for the actions of others?

We must have served in different Armies.
Many a time and usually by Germans when they realise that I am infact English but the the phrase "Get me the manager before I report discrimination" works a charm.

Apropos of nothing much really, after wondering why ARRSE deemed this story too hot to be shown on its pages I happened to be reading the obituary of Jerry Reed, who died on 1 Sep. He was a pretty good guitar player, and had joined up with a few other musicians to do the following:

Now, much as I espouse a European, and British, way of life and culture, I have the deepest respect for the Americans and theirs, and seem these days to be far more positive about these things than us.

FFS. What has happened to this bloody country?

Sorry MDM but I disagree.

1. This Hotel should know that one squaddie on his own should be viewed differently from a group of squaddies out on the lash.

2. This corrupt, ineffectual government has broken the Covenant. So the great Bristih public, including companies/hotels etc should realise that when our lads are returning from the front line - they need to be given some slack, they need their R&R.

Does this hotel stop a group of football supporters/ladettes/hen nights/stag nights - just because they have trashed the place in the past?

This hotel is discriminating against our Armed Services whatever their excuse

I never get turned away from anywhere for being a soldier. I have an amazing disguise known as "civilian clothing", this coupled with not having my MOD 90 blu tac'ed to my forehead allows me to mix with the rest of society relatively unhindered.

Just trying to figure something out

if this guy pre booked a room (in advance of his arrival) then went to check in at late o clock (on his jack Jones) would a bit of common dog not of been more appropriate that is say ok its late but policy is xxxx rather than turn him out at 10pm.

Or did I miss something...

Yes it was a mistake and it has been rectified however I think the point is from this and other incidents the Armed forces are perceived as scum in the UK (all three services) get trashed by the CIVPOP and the gobbymint does nothing really other than allow the CIVPOP on there own outrage bus destroying the morale of the military and their families. This country has little self respect which is sad enough but thanks to the current administration they just constantly erode our will and generosity.

Many a time and usually by Germans when they realise that I am infact English but the the phrase "Get me the manager" works a charm
But you never found it necassary to get your mum to call the press and have a website start up a presession of floats and outrage buses on your behalf?

This hotel is discriminating against our Armed Services whatever their excuse
So what, the IRA were killing us for 30 odd years but they never got an outrage bus this size piling through the falls road.

Fcuk me gently, a bloke has lost his life in Afganistan today and all you lot bleat on about is a four month old story about a squaddie who got turned away from a poxy hotel in Surrey.

He was a loggie, thats good enough reason not to let the cnut in.

But you never found it necessary to get your mum to call the press and have a website start up a precession of floats and outrage buses on your behalf?
Errrmmm... Nope but I weed on a guys shoes once to make a point.

Fcuk me gently, a bloke has lost his life in Afghanistan today and all you lot bleat on about is a four month old story about a squaddie who got turned away from a poxy hotel in Surrey.
A sobering point!

Latest Threads