British Soldier Refused Room in Woking Hotel: America Speaks

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bad CO, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

We've just received a load of emails on this subject which I thought I'd post here. I know that it was all a mistake and that the hotel and the individual are sorting it all out but I thought you may all be interested in the strength of feeling from our allies.

2. I'm glad I don't live anywhere near Woking; the Americans are probably thinking about nuking it at the moment! :D

3. Holiday Inn in Victoria Way must be rubbing their hands Litotes. Thanks for posting this BCO. Good to know that US members have taken the effort to email with such support.

And Litotes, you obviously happened visited the place anytime recently. I think the Americans may have already delivered an airburst above the place. Strangely, The Metro (only been in the place a few times) could well have been Ground Zero.

Military Covenant anyone?
  4. Good point but the media value of this is far greater than some drunken squaddies kicking off. It doesn't take the thickest of receptionist to realise the guy just wanted to get his head down. The application of common sense should be universal.

I am not one for screaming 'outrage' but if this helps change things for the better, who can complain..?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.