British Soldier KIA 260308 a anti BBC rant

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mucus, Mar 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why oh Why isn't this top of the news then, why on the sidelines?
    Are you ashamed that we die, doesnt it make good news for your master?

The sooner these sad reports recieve better headlines, the sooner the idiots in charge and the vast members of the public will realise whats going on over there.

Jeez, I hate the BBC.

RIP young man and thankyou for your service to our country.

2. They may have been told to keep it low profile .

But knowing the bbc probably not :evil:

3. Standard short response for special forces and at the wish of the family....

Not BBC Bias, same on the MOD website.

4. Got that, but why aren't the losses of our Bod's hitting the headlines?
    They seem to be for all of couple of minutes before being replaced with something less prominent.

BBC = Bloody Blind Cnuts.

5. People become blase to it over time after the same story keeps getting played over and over again (I mean no disrespect by that statement, I'm more than well aware there's a dead man and a grieving family behind it). The news simply ends up reflecting it as they push the stories that they think will interest the public to the front. I don't think its something that is limited to the BBC. I feel terrible saying it but I think the british public at large treat our heroes with much less respect and dignity than they deserve.

RIP fella.

6. Agreed with normal casualties, but I suspect in this instance it's being supressed, both by MOD and the wishes of the family.

I'm no fan of the beeb but I dont see it anywhere else either, Including the MOD website.

In this instance its nothing to do with "anti forces bias"