British soldier dies in Warsaw

Buddy!

Old-Salt
Extremely sad news, however nothing on the MOD website yet. Interested to know what has happened.

RIP mate. I know the individual was 'only REME', but surely could have been dignified by the MoD with the sobriquet 'soldier' rather than 'service person'.

Last edited:
Only REME isn’t really relevant. He was a soldier regardless of his corp or regiment. Your comment wasn’t intentionally meant to infer what I think it says but I’d suggest you delete it as I will delete this.

Only REME isn’t really relevant. He was a soldier regardless of his corp or regiment. Your comment wasn’t intentionally meant to infer what I think it says but I’d suggest you delete it as I will delete this.
I don't believe deletion is required however, my comment was not meant as disrespect to the dead soldier (whatever his cap badge) but as a dig at MoD for it's apparent PC stance.

I don't believe deletion is required however, my comment was not meant as disrespect to the dead soldier (whatever his cap badge) but as a dig at MoD for it's apparent PC stance.
I take your point.

DITA

MIA
Top guy.

RIP mate.

So who's sock puppet did I activate; joined in 2011, 4 posts, no comment on this thread and now a SABC?

offog

LE
RIP mate. I know the individual was 'only REME', but surely could have been dignified by the MoD with the sobriquet 'soldier' rather than 'service person'.
May have more to do with notifying family.

May have more to do with notifying family.
Pourquoi? The original link said 'soldier'; just the quoted MoD source that referred to a 'service person'.

Latest Threads