British Soldier Dies in Afghanistan Blast

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, May 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Regret Now confirmed British Soldier

NATO soldier dies in Afghanistan: military

KABUL (AFP) - A soldier serving with the NATO force in Afghanistan has died after being struck in an explosion that wounded two other troops, the alliance's International Security Assistance Force said Saturday.

The soldiers were hit by an "unknown explosion" Friday during security operations in the troubled southern province of Helmand, ISAF said in a statement.

The 40-country force did not give the nationalities of the soldiers, leaving this to their national authorities.
    More on the link;_ylt=A0WTcXxx_RtIFz4AiA5vaA8F
  2. RIP

My sincere condolences to the relatives and friends.
    Afghan mine kills British soldier

A British soldier has been killed and three others injured in an explosion in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.

Their vehicle hit a mine while on a routine patrol in Helmand province in the south of the country.

The soldier was from the Household Cavalry Regiment. His next of kin have been informed of his death.

The death brings the number of UK troops killed in Afghanistan since 2001 to 95
  4. RIP

Ne Obliviscaris.
  5. RIP.
    Condolences to the friends and family.
  6. Rest In Peace Soldier
  7. RIP.
  8. rest easy soldier, thoughts to family and friends
  9. RIP. We must never take for granted or forget such people and the terrible price they and their families pay on our behalf. My condolences to the bereaved. I hope they receive all the support and comfort they deserve.
  10. very sad news, RIP sincere condolences to family and friends
    speedy recovery to those injured
  11. "Went the day well?,
    We died and never knew,
    But ill or well,
    Freedom we died for you"

I can't help thinking that this is yet another fatality, by a vehicle being destroyed by an IED. I have never seen the details of the vehicles used in the last few similar incidents and I know this subject has been covered many times on Arrse. However, it does seem that our continuing casualties seem to be caused by these devices against our 'vehicles'.

If Landrovers have been used, when proper armoured vehicles should have been used, then we are back to the negligent behaviour of those senior in the military and the government.

It is a running sore, but it is important to hear the details of these last fatal attacks.
  12. RiP lad, thoughts as always with family and friends
  13. R.I.P.

Condolences to Family,friends and colleagues