British soldier accused of War Crimes?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by mac_uk, Apr 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was just looking round Facebook and found this group talking about a soldier accused of war crimes after smacking a Terry in the face!/group.php?gid=179474362661&ref=nf

I've never heard anything about this, anyone know if there's any truth in it or is it just another fake facebook thing to get fans to a page?
  2. Yes it's true - but given the circumstances - very understandable
  3. An understandable over reaction,hardly a war crime,lefty lawers trying to make money?Or some over zealous beaurocrat that has never been outside the fence? What's the hidden agenda?In civvie st.,slap on the wrist and a fine.
  4. He'll have to be dealt with severely. No Cornflakes for a week.
  5. Shame he wasn't charged at the time of the event. 7 days CB would have done it.
  6. Why is no one ignoring this?
  7. Ignoring what?
  8. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

It sounds like an allegation of assault not a 'war crime'. That is an (alleged) crime committed during a war. Given that its still under investigation and may be the subject of a criminal proceeding I don't think it is wise to comment further.
  9. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

A thought in general. The very same trendy lefty do gooders who would seek to have a soldier punished to the maximum allowed under the law for committing a relatively minor assault on a suspected terrorist would seek to excuse the behavior of a piece of chavscum in this country accused of a serious assault on a pensioner.

I wonder how their moral compasses became so skewed.
  10. Are the people we detain POWs or are we just arresting them in the old "aid to a civil power" type way?

If the latter then the phrase war crime is just the normal journo hype and means nothing.
  11. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

This seems to be still under investigation and thus, in accordance with Arrse policy, we don't discuss it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.