British soldier accused of War Crimes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just looking round Facebook and found this group talking about a soldier accused of war crimes after smacking a Terry in the face

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=179474362661&ref=nf

LCpl Soni lost his best friend from childhood,Cpl Joe "Etch" Etchells to a taliban IED. On retuirning from a Patrol some days later LCpl Soni was informed that two taliban had been arrested whilst trying to plant an IED and they were suspected on planting the earlier device. As LCpl Soni passed these bastards one laughed at him. LCpl Soni then proceeded to punch the Taliban. He now finds himself accused odf a War Crime.
I've never heard anything about this, anyone know if there's any truth in it or is it just another fake facebook thing to get fans to a page?

An understandable over reaction,hardly a war crime,lefty lawers trying to make money?Or some over zealous beaurocrat that has never been outside the fence? What's the hidden agenda?In civvie st.,slap on the wrist and a fine.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
It sounds like an allegation of assault not a 'war crime'. That is an (alleged) crime committed during a war. Given that its still under investigation and may be the subject of a criminal proceeding I don't think it is wise to comment further.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
A thought in general. The very same trendy lefty do gooders who would seek to have a soldier punished to the maximum allowed under the law for committing a relatively minor assault on a suspected terrorist would seek to excuse the behavior of a piece of chavscum in this country accused of a serious assault on a pensioner.

I wonder how their moral compasses became so skewed.

Are the people we detain POWs or are we just arresting them in the old "aid to a civil power" type way?

If the latter then the phrase war crime is just the normal journo hype and means nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads