British Shooting Show Stoneleigh 9-10 Feb 2013

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Golf_one_one, Jan 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I might be exhibiting with my little group of historic arms RFDs, if my day job permits.

Hope its better than that awful Newark site...

2. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Yep will be there!

3. I will be there both days, mostly on the FCSA stand.

4. +1

5. Hoping to go, with the first born in tow.

6. Hopefully, work permitting.

7. Don't count your chickens... the NAC is quite big but a bit run down since the Royal Show was run into the ground and the parking may be a bit wet. Better than Newark showground a fortnight after LAMMA though.

Anyway, I've never been to the BSS are there likely to be any bargains?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I think I'll go. I'm still looking for a new plinking rifle

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Say hello to Sid from Offas Dyke for me. I will have a stand in the gundog area so pop along and say hello. My usual companions arent attending, doing some rubbish such as DSC1. I ask you?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The worst bit about Newark apart from the location was the pikies nicking the heating deisel. The mud, mud and shit buildings that leaked everywhere!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I was thinking of going. I was also hoping to have gone to the Game Fair last year at Belvoir Castle until it was washed out.........the fair, not the castle that is !

12. I attended a few events at Stoneliegh last year and I quite like the place but it hammered down every time.

If possible avoid parking on the grass if its wet, (got bogged in once, the shame, being ex RCT). (Dirt Bike Show).

The roof nearly fell in at the Emergency Services Show due to the ammount of rain and strong winds. Car parking was on all the side roads, hard standing but a bit of a trek to the hall.

13. Shall we all wear something so we can recognise other Arrsers?

Carnation, poppy, or some kind of head gear?

14. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well our staff/exhibitor passes have arrived, we have the new stock in and a new point of sale device (if we can get it working in time). The Tea Lady and I will be in the gun dog area and happy to see all arrssers dog owners or otherwise. Get the brews in so I can have a piss break!

• Like Like x 1