British SF board ship..

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tuffy52, Oct 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. British SF have boarded a ship held by Somali pirates...

Breaking News on Sky...
  2. Believed to be an Italian ship...
  3. I suppose the Italian sailors just surrendered their Ipods to the Somali Pirates before they even boarded
  4. If it transpires that the skinnies are innocent fishermen I hope the SF guys are appropiatley armed with food, water and fuel plus all necessary translated paperwork outlining the skinnies rights and entitlements and of course Cherie Blairs email address so she can start the compensation ball rolling.
    Should they be guilty-kill them.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. The report's being interrupted by couple who have won £101,000,000.
  6. FTFY
    Selfish bastards!
  7. Good looking GILF as well,I'd have her with or without the dosh...
  8. She was the MV Montecristo - an Italian Panamax (55,675 DWT) bulk carrier. She was carrying scrap to Vietnam. Her crew was composed of 20 Indians, 7 Ukranians and 3 Italians. There were unarmed security on board. It's possible that they may have been from the UK.
  9. Unarmed!?
  10. Not bad I agree, wouldnt want her gnashers catching my helmet though!
  11. The IMO still will not countenance the arming of seafarers despite the fact there have been 286 piracy-related incidents off the coast of Somalia in the past 12 months alone.

It would appear that the IMO's policy for 2011 is largely to increase pressure at the political level to secure the release of all hostages being held by pirates, and increase inter-Navy co-operation.

However they will be reviewing guidelines to Owners and seafarers regarding recommended preventive, evasive and defensive measures ships should follow. Apparently. Hopefully something more useful than: more knots, weaving to build up bow waves and chucking up barbed wire on the rail

Having said that weapons ARE taken on board in international waters and some security ARE armed although this is not always the case.
  12. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Big Baz from Yates' earning a bit on the side

"Trainers yer not coming in an I told you last week no ******* squaddies"
    • Like Like x 1
  13. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

RBS Cheque it'll probably bounce

She looks like the last turkey in the shop.
  14. "He did not disclose whether the pirates were on board." = "they threw them over the side"?