British Rail Sandwiches

What sandwiches?

I'll have cheese & chutney on brown please.

Seriously, I don't see any. Nav bar is as always.

What do the small white British Rail sandwiches that have started to appear in the Navigation Bar mean?
The number of people in "Chat"

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
My humble retired software engineer opinion is that the browser is painting the new page, and these symbols are it (the browser) drawing the tab mark to indicate where each title on the light menu bar is going to appear. Disappear when the page is painted. Your browser is running slow.

But what do I know? I am a mainframosaurus.

My humble retired software engineer opinion is that the browser is painting the new page, and these symbols are it (the browser) drawing the tab mark to indicate where each title on the light menu bar is going to appear. Disappear when the page is painted. Your browser is running slow.

But what do I know? I am a mainframosaurus.
Don't think so. The sandwiches remain after the page has redrawn. There can be a varying number of them.

Am I the only one getting sandwiches?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Don't think so. The sandwiches remain after the page has redrawn. There can be a varying number of them.

Am I the only one getting sandwiches?
Nope. I get them occasionally.

OK, I've reloaded my Firefox profile and the sandwiches have gone. Something corrupt in the old profile, I guess.

Edited to add: May I recommend a handy piece of free software; Mozbackup. It's an easy way of creating backups of your Firefox and Thunderbird setups. It's got me out out of quite a few jams.

Last edited:

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
OK, I've reloaded my Firefox profile and the sandwiches have gone. Something corrupt in the old profile, I guess.

Edited to add: May I recommend a handy piece of free software; Mozbackup. It's an easy way of creating backups of your Firefox and Thunderbird setups. It's got me out out of quite a few jams.
When I get annoyed with Firefox, I install a clean new version of Chrome, click a button to bring everything across. All new and fresh. When Chrome gets a handful, ensure all trace of Firefox was removed and reverse the process.