British pupils cannot locate UK

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Oct 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A bit worrying!!!

Beeb

2. Hardly an authority on the subject. Buckingham University is to education what fried mars bars are to haute cuisine.

3. "six to 14-year-olds"

Bit young that innit?

4. Just grabbed my 7 yr old and placed a world map in front of her, she pointed out the UK with no hesitation at all.

Mind you she can set a map to ground, give 6 figure grid references, take grid bearings and she knows how to convert grid to mag. So maybe she's not the best basis for a control group. :lol:

5. On the plus side...

If they don't know where anything is outside Britain... or how to get there by looking at that big ball'y globe thing... they won't bomb it... and the soldiers might all be home for Christmas for once.

Nor will they go anywhere, so the British seaside resorts will throng with thong life... making pensioners very happy (and reducing the tax burden due to steep rise in heart attacks)

6. Ask most of the parents in London! They seem to be able to find us from all over the place! Next location to find is the DSS (Or is it DWP now?)

7. Well not knowing anything outside U.S. didn't seem to stop GWB

8. This is not anything new. I can remember my Mum who was a teacher back in the 70s telling me exactly the same anecdotes about teaching what I guess were the parents of today's chav scum.

9. Good point.... I'm starting to think the man must have some pretty clever advisors.

10. Ask the same 'London Children' where Islamabad or Mecca (not the Bingo capital) is and I'm sure the % would be higher...........

Just an observation.

11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

More like the grand parents of the current lot