British policing has lost its way in target culture

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, Nov 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. "Policing has “lost its way” amid the “noise and clutter” of government targets, initiatives and new laws, the Chief Inspector of Constabulary has said. "

What a surprise. Glad somebody told us that. Never would have guessed.

".....police performance and accountability was still a “cluttered” landscape. “You have got government, you have got regulators like myself, you’ve got local partnerships, you’ve got government offices — a whole series of interests.

“If you add it all together and put on a piece of paper the links to show who is providing information, who is asking for information, who is suggesting new initiatives… it makes the London Underground map look like a walk in the park.

“There are just so many people, with so many different interests in play, it is very noisy. I think the whole thing needs rationalising significantly.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/lawandorder/6656699/British-policing-has-lost-its-way-in-target-culture.html

2. No sh1t, Sherlock. :roll:

Another announcement from the Department of the Bloody Obvious.

3. I hope these targets are all ethnically diverse,gender aware,environmentally friendly,non-discriminatory,human right compliant,care in the community,tough on crime,plain speaking,financially viable,that respect your human rights targets ?

4. You are Sir Ian Blair and I claim my £10! :D

5. isn't that called the Nuremburg defence?

6. As a Cop mate of mine says…

If we catch a motorist for speeding, they give the government money, if we catch a burglar, it costs the government money to keep him in jail…

Simples.

7. Nothing that hasn't been said here on Arrse for tha last few years.
    No surprise is it?