• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

British Police = Blairs Gestapo

Each week there are fatal stabbings and incidents where ordinary people are attacked by gangs of chav scum.

So what is Plod busy doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4642053.stm

A number of protesters have complained of being photographed by police as they made their way to Scotland.

Among them were three coach loads of people from Belfast who said they were held at Stranraer by police, photographed and had their bags searched.

Elsewhere, campaigners who took trains from Euston said they were not allowed to make the journey until officers had taken their pictures.
During the election, Bliar's crony namesake (Sir Ian Bliar) decided to join in the propaganda campaign by spinning tales of hordes of terrorists intent on murder.

This is why we must fight ID cards with every means possible. Sweeping anti-terrorist powers are gratuitously used to intimidate ordinary people (soap-dodgers but innocent until proven guilty) to guarantee Bliar and his cronies a junket free from embarrassment, whilst violence and murder against ordinary people goes unchecked.

The British police are Bliar's Gestapo and ID cards will make things much worse.

Apologies to the decent coppers on the front line out there, but the priority given to the politicisation of the police over the protection of the public cannot be denied.

I certainly agree with the Police being given special powers with regards to Chavs. Perhaps a Police "Stop and Stab" policy on all chavs would restore the social fabric of the country?

They are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea on this. If they Harass legitimate protester they get branded fascists etc if they allow everyone to exercise there democratic right to protect with out hindrance and trouble kicks off they are accused of Incompetence and failing in their duty. At the moment they are attempting both and are getting kicked by both sides. The Policeman’s lot is not a happy one.

You can now be arrested in Parliament Square for protesting, just to spare the blushes of the trough-snout scum who populate Parliament. Protestors outside an arms fair were dispersed under anti-terrorism laws. I believe there is a tacit agenda of intimidation to encourage the general public to keep their heads down and mind their own business.

Well, I have to say I agree with the basic sentiments being espoused here. Chavs and other forms of 'benefit-dependent' life should be closely monitored and 'managed' in much the same way we herd sheep and other beasts. If the ID card facilitates the close supervision of anti-social elements then I'm all in favour.

However, I get the feeling that getting under the skin of this problem is still in the 'too difficult' box and therefore the police - in a laudable attempt to 'do something' are pursuing much easier prey, like those referenced by MrPVRd (above).

You may well be right in which case it’s a political policy not a police one. The Police merely enforce the wishes of there political masters much the same as we do in the Army.

The police are often there to do the government in power's dirty work, whatever the political colours - see 1984/5, Thatcher/Miners.

It's similar to an Army, in the sense that if the political climate was such, the army's there to carry out orders - which would include the brutal suppression of any revolution

exile1 said:
miners...........Yawn and zzzzzzz
Arthur's boys were the backbone of the country at the time, but let's not go off the subject - Blair's got a long way to go before he makes such brutal, devastating and cynical use of the police as Thatcher did

Leaving all the hysterical crap about the miners, Maggie and a bunch of protestors out for a nice days breaking things to protest against something or other aside, these does appear to be a trend towards prosecuting offences that previously would have dropped as not in the public interest. I wouldn't necessarily point at the Police as responsible, more a bunch of target conscious fools in the CPS.

The problem is that most of these convictions seem to be being made using statements ordinary members of the public make in good faith about something else. Get attacked on the street, you tell plod what happened and in it you point out you hit the scrote involved. Said scrote says nothing or makes up a pack of lies. Result is, you've made a statement that you hit him, he's said nothing so who ends up in the dock ?

This is starting to drive a wedge between the Police and the average bloke - certainly where I live - and people who all their lives would have tried to help the Police are starting to say nothing - just like the lowlife do.

And as for speed cameras ...

One of strange said "The problem is that most of these convictions seem to be being made using statements ordinary members of the public make in good faith about something else. Get attacked on the street, you tell plod what happened and in it you point out you hit the scrote involved. Said scrote says nothing or makes up a pack of lies. Result is, you've made a statement that you hit him, he's said nothing so who ends up in the dock ?"

I remember thats how the army got their evidence to charge you on OC orders! Write your statement saying you were a guilty bast*ard

Oh, how I wished I'd listened to my father, "Don't tell em nothing, let them find out" .

Ventress

LE
MrPVRd said:
Each week there are fatal stabbings and incidents where ordinary people are attacked by gangs of chav scum.

So what is Plod busy doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4642053.stm

Among them were three coach loads of people from Belfast who said they were held at Stranraer by police, photographed and had their bags searched.

Apologies to the decent coppers on the front line out there, but the priority given to the politicisation of the police over the protection of the public cannot be denied.
PVR, get a stab vest on and get out on a Saturday Night and try the job for size.

With all the PACE requirements, all the publics hopes and aspirations. All the tree hugging moaning. All the protections given to the chavscum, all the disadvantages put in our way. Paperwork coming out of my arrse, files requiring investigation to a minimum standard. Dont even go there.

People are photographed for Intel purposes. You ever been in the Army?

People winging about ID cards, 90% of the people on this site have carried one all their working lives and its done them no harm. If you dont break the law you shouldnt fear them.

You talk $hite.

Sadly, I have to agree that the police are becomong too politicised. A lot of law made recently is directed at social engineering and changing people's opinions rather than just taking down thieves and bullies which is what the law should be for. Whilst surveillance of protesters is legitimate (id known activists etc), blanket surveillance is questionable if this is what was happening. As for id cards, personally I see them as rather pointless save to control legitimate citizens. Any self respecting criminal or terrorist will obtain false documentation and there are enough bent engineers and computer whizz kids to make sure that the technology to make these cards secure is breached within , I estimate, one year of their coming into force. I have made a decision on this one that I will take the consequences of not having one. It is un British..... never thought I'd use that line. :)

Having seen both sides of Army and Police life both are in the same boat in a way. Boys on the ground get the flak caused by mealy mouthed Politicians and Senior officers. The law can be an ass as they say but the Police dont write the law. All and I mean All Police Officers would love to have better powers to deal with Chavscum types but have to make do with the tools they've got much as the Army has to. Agree with some of the comments above...case of buggered if you do and buggered if you don't

By the way Im currently off work with a broken ankle caused by a scumbag who if I'd "controlled" the way I'd have liked to wouldnt have been able to get the lucky kick in that did the damage. But then I've just come in from the garden with glass of something in hand to type this

Please do feel free to take the piss... :)

This is such a complicated subject it's making my head hurt.

Look, the people coming in at the top in the UK police service are, when all's said and done, Home Office apointees. Like every other public service, New Labour wants to control who's at the top and who isn't, eroding the traditional independence of Police Authorities and Chief Constables (note that Blunkett made it that he could sack a CC over and above the wishes of local political representatives).

You should view the way that operational policing is being shaped in that context.

Also, we have no national police force in the UK. This is another reason why the HO needs to control those at the top...not overtly but to make sure that their overall views are "simpatico" with the liberal-left world view of the New Labour Project. That the police is becoming more distant to the public it serves is something that saddens me, but the histrionics of "Blair's Gestapo" is more suited to Urban 75 than it is to ARRSE in my humble.

Lastly, note that the government are going to make the most powerful law enforcement agency in the UK (the SOCA, operational next year) directly under the control of the Home Office and it's "agents" will all be non-police staff (i.e. politically-controlled civil servants) who do not hold the (traditionally independent) office of constable. Discuss.

Just a few thoughts to add some context to this debate.

V!

This was not a dig at the front-line copper. As with the Armed Forces, the police service appears to be rotting from the head down.

As for the intel issue, the last time I checked there was a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. I would not wish my photograph taken by the police because I was taking part in a political demonstration - I have nothing to hide but I also have nothing to prove. But because Bliar is afraid of embarrassment - either in front of his G8 mates or in Parliament Square - the law is being discreetly manipulated to deter protest. This process will continue unless it is opposed.

I would prefer to see the police out taking photographs of the underage drinkers and chav scum that frequent most urban areas nowadays!

I was at the demonstration in Edinburgh which went exceptionally well. There was an excellent example of intelligence-led policing. The coppers corralled a bunch of soapdodgers intent on mayhem at their favourite watering-hole - the Pear Tree bar (with extensive beer garden) on the south side of the town - before they could kick off.

^ I can assure you that the photographing of demonstrators, although intrusive, is worth it's weight in evidential gold after an event goes pear-shaped. It isn't, whatsoever, intended to deter protest. It is, however, intended to deter those who would kick it off at a protest, as they know full well that the police can prove that on Day, Date, Time & Place they were present and wearing whatever they were wearing (etc).

They know it and we know it. It's British law enforcement at it's doctrinal best: Prevention. Having been involved in post-event public order investigations I can vouch for this.

As for it only being directed at soap-dodgers, well I can assure you that the numerous members of the Burberry-wearing classes we banged up after the riots a Millwall using similar methods a couple of years back might disagree.

V!

Latest Threads