British Police = Blairs Gestapo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Jul 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Each week there are fatal stabbings and incidents where ordinary people are attacked by gangs of chav scum.

So what is Plod busy doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4642053.stm

During the election, Bliar's crony namesake (Sir Ian Bliar) decided to join in the propaganda campaign by spinning tales of hordes of terrorists intent on murder.

This is why we must fight ID cards with every means possible. Sweeping anti-terrorist powers are gratuitously used to intimidate ordinary people (soap-dodgers but innocent until proven guilty) to guarantee Bliar and his cronies a junket free from embarrassment, whilst violence and murder against ordinary people goes unchecked.

The British police are Bliar's Gestapo and ID cards will make things much worse.

Apologies to the decent coppers on the front line out there, but the priority given to the politicisation of the police over the protection of the public cannot be denied.

2. I certainly agree with the Police being given special powers with regards to Chavs. Perhaps a Police "Stop and Stab" policy on all chavs would restore the social fabric of the country?

3. They are stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea on this. If they Harass legitimate protester they get branded fascists etc if they allow everyone to exercise there democratic right to protect with out hindrance and trouble kicks off they are accused of Incompetence and failing in their duty. At the moment they are attempting both and are getting kicked by both sides. The Policeman’s lot is not a happy one.

4. You can now be arrested in Parliament Square for protesting, just to spare the blushes of the trough-snout scum who populate Parliament. Protestors outside an arms fair were dispersed under anti-terrorism laws. I believe there is a tacit agenda of intimidation to encourage the general public to keep their heads down and mind their own business.

5. Well, I have to say I agree with the basic sentiments being espoused here. Chavs and other forms of 'benefit-dependent' life should be closely monitored and 'managed' in much the same way we herd sheep and other beasts. If the ID card facilitates the close supervision of anti-social elements then I'm all in favour.

However, I get the feeling that getting under the skin of this problem is still in the 'too difficult' box and therefore the police - in a laudable attempt to 'do something' are pursuing much easier prey, like those referenced by MrPVRd (above).

6. You may well be right in which case it’s a political policy not a police one. The Police merely enforce the wishes of there political masters much the same as we do in the Army.

7. The police are often there to do the government in power's dirty work, whatever the political colours - see 1984/5, Thatcher/Miners.

It's similar to an Army, in the sense that if the political climate was such, the army's there to carry out orders - which would include the brutal suppression of any revolution

8. :: Yawn ::

9. miners...........Yawn and zzzzzzz

10. Arthur's boys were the backbone of the country at the time, but let's not go off the subject - Blair's got a long way to go before he makes such brutal, devastating and cynical use of the police as Thatcher did

11. Indeed they were. problem is, the country in question was the USSR.

V!

12. Leaving all the hysterical crap about the miners, Maggie and a bunch of protestors out for a nice days breaking things to protest against something or other aside, these does appear to be a trend towards prosecuting offences that previously would have dropped as not in the public interest. I wouldn't necessarily point at the Police as responsible, more a bunch of target conscious fools in the CPS.

The problem is that most of these convictions seem to be being made using statements ordinary members of the public make in good faith about something else. Get attacked on the street, you tell plod what happened and in it you point out you hit the scrote involved. Said scrote says nothing or makes up a pack of lies. Result is, you've made a statement that you hit him, he's said nothing so who ends up in the dock ?

This is starting to drive a wedge between the Police and the average bloke - certainly where I live - and people who all their lives would have tried to help the Police are starting to say nothing - just like the lowlife do.

And as for speed cameras ...

13. One of strange said "The problem is that most of these convictions seem to be being made using statements ordinary members of the public make in good faith about something else. Get attacked on the street, you tell plod what happened and in it you point out you hit the scrote involved. Said scrote says nothing or makes up a pack of lies. Result is, you've made a statement that you hit him, he's said nothing so who ends up in the dock ?"

I remember thats how the army got their evidence to charge you on OC orders! Write your statement saying you were a guilty bast*ard

Oh, how I wished I'd listened to my father, "Don't tell em nothing, let them find out" .

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

PVR, get a stab vest on and get out on a Saturday Night and try the job for size.

With all the PACE requirements, all the publics hopes and aspirations. All the tree hugging moaning. All the protections given to the chavscum, all the disadvantages put in our way. Paperwork coming out of my arrse, files requiring investigation to a minimum standard. Dont even go there.

People are photographed for Intel purposes. You ever been in the Army?

People winging about ID cards, 90% of the people on this site have carried one all their working lives and its done them no harm. If you dont break the law you shouldnt fear them.

You talk $hite.