British PM Denies Rejecting Army Request for Troops

jumpinjarhead said:
mick_sterbs said:
Grofaz Gordon!

He's a dead man walking, keen to take as many with him as possible, pity it's the nations Armed Services.

Brown and Mandelsons scorched earth policy seems to be working. Blair will love it when he becomes King of Europe and they initiate a European Defence force, the UK defence budget can then be even more tightly squeezed to pay for 'yoof projects', 'left wing workshops', ' social inclusivity programmes' etc.
Don't forget other "missions" for the military like those many in the US believe are the raison d'etre for even having such a huge "drain" on their bloated and cancerous social welfare budget such as:

1. Saving idiots who defy orders to evacuate from areas in the path of killer storms or are left to drown by their incompetent and corrupt local governments.

2. Providing pure water to idiots who defy orders to evacuate from areas in the path of killer storms or are left to drown by their incompetent and corrupt local governments.

3. Providing food (granted usually MREs, but still "food" I suppose) idiots who defy orders to evacuate from areas in the path of killer storms or are left to drown by their incompetent and corrupt local governments.

4. Providing pure water, food and shelter to citizens in other countries whose governments are so cruel, corrupt or inept, they leave them to die slow agonizing deaths until the heartbreaking images on the telly "compel" evil colonial (and worst of all "rich") powers like the US to come save them and at the same time provide convenient targets for their thugs and bandits.

5. Providing spiffy looking mannekins for pomp and circumstance to honor such dignitaries as Hugo Chavez, Oprah Winfrey etc.

6. Providing a population for "innovative" social and medical experiments.

7. Providing a comedic charade at elections by encouraging its deployed members to vote and then have the fun of insulting them by suppressing their votes on the assumption that their votes are naturally for some evil war monger.

I could go on but I need to go womit.
Cue Stevie Wonder

"Peace has come to Zimbabwe.................."

rickshaw-major said:
[
Cue Stevie Wonder

"Peace has come to Zimbabwe.................."
Exactly, followed by the theme song in the old Coke commercial--"I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing in Perfect Harmony"

Cuddles said:
I loved Bill Rammell on Newsnight, arguing that troops would be made available once they were properly equipped but that there was enough equipment...round and round in ever decreasing circles!............
I believe Brown has said that one of the criteria to be met before the extra 500 troops (seems rather too few to me) are deployed, is that they are properly equipped.

This rather confirms the view that all who have served so far in Afghanistan have not enjoyed that luxury.

PM denies that Labour will make cuts in public spending

PM denies quantitative easing is same as just printing money

PM denies he has raised taxation burden

PM denies we will see boom and bust again

PM denies being responsible for financial crisis

PM denies raiding pensions when he was Chancellor

PM denies UK is going into a recession

PM denies having made any dodgy allowance claims

PM denies that he will lose next election

PM denies suffering from any mental illness, rages and throwing tantrums

PM denies ignoring his Generals

PM denies setting up dirty tricks team in heart of Downing Street

PM denies having plotted for top job for years

PM denies EU treaty is a constitution

Are we seeing a trend here?

rickshaw-major said:
ashie said:
FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Ashie,

Welcome back - since you're in explaining mood, stop talking bonk about the excellent General Dannatt and instead turn your attentions to the five different threads where you can explain to all of us why suspending TA training is a good idea and a triumph for Labour's defence policy and fiscal prudence. Good luck.
Let's delink the two. First, the appalling Dannatt's reputation has been damaged beyond repair. I I always thought he was either a fair-minded critic of the government of a Tory stooge. We now know which.

As for the suspension of TA training, it is unfortunate, but, I suspect, purely a cost-cutting measure for which we must blame the financial sector which got us into the desperate economic mess.
Hello ashie. It took me a while to get a straight answer from sven/whet but I got one eventually. So ...... as you are very keen to debunk a soldiers record please relate to us your military career.

If you never possessed and ID card it's not a problem - we just want to know a little bit about you poppet! I mean it's not as if any of the Cabinet have experience of the real world (see what I did there?).
Debunk a soldier's record? Where have I done that? The appalling Dannatt has himself spoiled his fine record of service with party political hackery at its worst.

I hope he enjoys his peerage and the 30 pieces of silver which go with it.

As for my own record, I have served my country for many years in many ways, ducky!

jumpinjarhead said:
ashie said:
FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Ashie,

Welcome back - since you're in explaining mood, stop talking bonk about the excellent General Dannatt and instead turn your attentions to the five different threads where you can explain to all of us why suspending TA training is a good idea and a triumph for Labour's defence policy and fiscal prudence. Good luck.
Let's delink the two. First, the appalling Dannatt's reputation has been damaged beyond repair. I I always thought he was either a fair-minded critic of the government of a Tory stooge. We now know which.

As for the suspension of TA training, it is unfortunate, but, I suspect, purely a cost-cutting measure for which we must blame the financial sector which got us into the desperate economic mess.
Can you provide a bit more (any will do for starters) support (factual if you please) for your adjective of "appalling" with respect to General Dannatt? IN the US at least "appalling" is a pretty strong term and means, well, APPALLING.
Ahhhhhh...... two nations divided by a common language eh! I think it is self-explanatory that a man with a distinguished military record of service demeans himself when resorting to party-political hackery at its worst. It's appalling, in fact.

Ashie

Just have to mention Lord West, a man who was against 42 days detention until he was pulled in for "education"
Also a man who is somewhat clumsy with state secrets while walking the dog! Typical of Labour to reward him for his error by making him First Sea Lord.

General Dannatt is a man who has served his country with distinction, what he chooses to do in his retirement is entirely up to him, personally I am pleased to see him advising the next government on Afghanistan, who knows they will need every bit of advice on the subject.

As for your service record, you dont know the meaning of the word, self serving maybe. Maybe your father's service with the gurkha's is what you count as service, but it baffles me what a cnut like you is doing on a predominantly pro military, soldier supporting forum. I have never seen you come out in support of our servicemen, nor sending condolences on the fallen.

ashie said:
jumpinjarhead said:
ashie said:
FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Ashie,

Can you provide a bit more (any will do for starters) support (factual if you please) for your adjective of "appalling" with respect to General Dannatt? IN the US at least "appalling" is a pretty strong term and means, well, APPALLING.
Ahhhhhh...... two nations divided by a common language eh! I think it is self-explanatory that a man with a distinguished military record of service demeans himself when resorting to party-political hackery at its worst. It's appalling, in fact.
I suppose I was parsing your comment too finely as the structure of your assertion "First, the appalling Dannatt's reputation has been damaged beyond repair. " indicates Dannatt was appalling before his reputation was damaged beyond repair as you contend. Thus it would seem reasonable for your to justify the adjective if it is to have the apparent meaning you intended.

Ashie, you mention political hackery, are you saying that all the purely military requests that have come up the CoC are all politically motivated against the Labour Party? You see those requests that General Dannatt has made have been made because they are deemed vital by almost everyone in the Army, are you thus suggesting that the Army is a Tory tool?
The Army is, always has been and always will be a faithful servant of Her Majesty's Government. The Army will carry out Government policy anywhere in the world and at very short notice. All they have ever asked in return is that they are properly equipped and have sufficient manpower to carry out their allotted objective and that their sacrifice is recognised and honoured. What use are party political politics to a soldier up to his chest in a drainage ditch in Helmond with enemy fire ploughing up the ground all around him? What that man wants is the latest and best kit to keep him alive, General Dannatt knew this and he fought long and hard to achieve this on behalf of his troops. If the Army ever got the feeling that Gen Dannatt was playing fast and loose with them for his own political ends he would never have earned the respect he has from his own troops.
You come onto a Military site and show utter contempt and disrespect for General Dannatt to the very people who know him best, you choose to taunt the Military with your contempt and disrespect, why is that? Is Labour so lost, so humiliated and defeated that all they can do is pour scorn on those who have remained true and honest to their Queen and Her Government throughout? Are we now observing the death throws of Labour, turning on itself and all those around it like a despot dictator; executing its most loyal supporters in a paranoid frenzy?
General Dannatt tried throughout his career to promote the Soldier, he had his career cut short because he cared more for his men than his own career. If, once free from the constraints of his duty, he decides to act as an advisor with the Tories, ask yourself why, why does this man turn to the Tories, perhaps if you'd listened to him and shown him a bit more respect he wouldn't have been driven to join them?
You're very quick to try to demolish an honourable man's reputation, have you ever wondered what that says about you?

Markintime, well put.

ashie said:
Recce19 said:
ashie said:
mnairb said:
I knew he was lying - I saw his lips move.
You mean Tory Peer-elect Dannatt?
Ashie, I will try to use words you will understand:

Fuck off and die! That was a very cheap shot at an honourable man, in every sense of the words! Whereas, you aren't even as elevated as dog sh*t on someones' shoes.
No big surprise that you defend the Tory Lord-elect Dannatt. His behaviour is hardly honourable. It is pure politics.
WTF would you know about honour? :lol: :lol:

With Neues Arbeit, under 'B'Liaare, Gordo McDoom, Meddlesome and Friends it has been and always will be "More Of the Same!". No change.... apparently McDoom has been speaking to some American games theory mathematician, Prof. Bruce Bueno de Mesqita at Number 10 (BBC 2 'Newsnight' TV programme Friday 16th). The Prof has advised US Gov. in past and has a 'claimed' reliability of 90 percent with his 'predictions'.

So it looks like McDoom might be desparate enough to try anything to enhance his battered reputation to try and win a 4th Liarbore election.

(absolutely... anything...??) (Ride Naked on a white horse through London....)

With Cyclops, he is far to stubborn to change, he would require major surgery to replace his personality - it will still be 'More of the Same' with bells, knobs, wings, legs and tw*ts attached come the New Year.

Its either that.... or Lord Meddlesome and the Liarbore Party G :roll: :roll: :p randees (Harperson, Smiffy et al) have told him to 'Change' or face a possible leadership contest......

I just can't be bothered to listen to much of what the PM has to say. The bugger has lied way too many times to waste my time on. Yet ashie defends him and attacks Dannet who is a man that is well respected by the people that know him. I notice that ashie has put no substance behind his claims though, something that does not surprise me. As far as I can tell, ashie is about as honest as Gordon Brown.

ashie said:
rickshaw-major said:
ashie said:
FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Ashie,

Hello ashie. It took me a while to get a straight answer from sven/whet but I got one eventually. So ...... as you are very keen to debunk a soldiers record please relate to us your military career.

If you never possessed and ID card it's not a problem - we just want to know a little bit about you poppet! I mean it's not as if any of the Cabinet have experience of the real world (see what I did there?).
Debunk a soldier's record? Where have I done that? The appalling Dannatt has himself spoiled his fine record of service with party political hackery at its worst.

I hope he enjoys his peerage and the 30 pieces of silver which go with it.

As for my own record, I have served my country for many years in many ways, ducky!
You called him appalling - indicating he was appalling! This debunking his record. You should become a Labour politician - the way you wriggle is actually quite an eye opener.

Two questions for you:

How did you serve your country - in the uniform of HM Forces?

Can you still recognise the truth through the tissue of lies, deceit and smear that is the Labour Party?

Slightly off topic, but highly relevant to this and other threads concerning Gen. Dannatt, how come ashie hasnt qualified for an O2 Thief tag?

Does anyone else believe that he should be tagged as such?

ashie said:
then

ashie said:
Can you provide any evidence of Dannatt being a "Tory stooge" whilst serving as CGS or prior?

Where's your evidence of this or is it simply a convenient opinion that you are trying to pass off as a fact? You spend an inordinate amount of effort on ARRSE pointing to others opinions that they claim as facts.

We have fact 1: Dannatt was previously CGS and caused a few public relations problems for New Labour. And we have fact 2: it now seems he will be taking up some sort of role with the Tory party.

Having "delinked" the two, can you provide evidence of a link? Can you say for certain that Dannatt has not turned to the Tory party (after leaving his appointment as CGS) because of New Labour/HMG's treatment of him personally and the Armed Forces in general?

And yes, you are debunking his career by putting forward your opinion that he was acting in the interest of the Tory Party and not the Army whilst CGS.

bobthedog said:
Slightly off topic, but highly relevant to this and other threads concerning Gen. Dannatt, how come ashie hasnt qualified for an O2 Thief tag?

Does anyone else believe that he should be tagged as such?
Having an opinion diametrically opposed to you doesn't qualify for O2 Thief!

Although I don't like his position any more than you do, he does provide 'balance' to some of the incoherent and inaccurate drivel that you and others spout from the other side of the coin. Cr@p from both sides prevents my monitor from toppling over.

jumpinjarhead said:
ashie said:
jumpinjarhead said:
ashie said:
FORMER_FYRDMAN said:
Ashie,

I suppose I was parsing your comment too finely as the structure of your assertion "First, the appalling Dannatt's reputation has been damaged beyond repair. " indicates Dannatt was appalling before his reputation was damaged beyond repair as you contend. Thus it would seem reasonable for your to justify the adjective if it is to have the apparent meaning you intended.
Still awaiting your substantive response......

Latest Threads