British officers could be deployed to Syria to increase pressure on Assad regime

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yokel, May 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Put the heebi jeebies up the Bosnians and Serbs, didn't it? (Ironic question.)
  2. Oh, you've got to love the Torygraph.
    Yes, dammit. A British presence there will stop him.

With a stern look and a scrupulously fair attitude, we'll bring this fellow to heel.

I mean, we can't drop a bomb on the Mukhabarat HQ as who knows what papers could drift out on the wind, eh Mr Straw?
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Never mind all of'll get another medal! Woohoooo! And, even better than that....your mums can start whining that nobody cares about you again! You'll be able to moan about pakis, muslims, not getting free this or free that, demanding that people in the street shake your hand and thank you for 'fighting for your country' and everything else that you thought was going to die out soon!!

****ing Ace!!!!!
  4. Any excuse to get rid of a few bloody officers.
  5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

Hmm british army observers up and down the country. didnt we try that with libya?

mind you I guess it worked but do we have paint targets for the french again.
  6. Armed only with a swagger stick and an air of insouciance, one assumes? Cravats optional...
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

post sdsr - a paintbrush and tin of dulux, optional bib and braces.
  8. Do you honestly think we'll drop one bomb on a a government within the Russian sphere of influence?

I doubt we'll even try to supply an kinetic kit ("deniably", of course) to the opposition. Comms of course for democratic groups is apparently going (according to the papers), I douby anything else.

I think we'll sit this one out, shake our little fist and the Syrians will hate us for something else in addition to the Sykes-Picot agreement.

PS-What's your take Arik (if you're still about) Be interested to hear.
  9. Note they said Officers. Sending Ruperts to run something without some seniors to exert a grown up influence is genius. The entire command and control system in the country will be in shredders in no time at all.

Result - conflicts cancelled due to chaos and having all the wrong kit, but there was a lovely Pimms party and a nice mess doo.
  10. I'd do it, I was an officer once and I still have a set of KD which I'm sure the Darzi could let out a bit, mind you the shoulder titles are a little out of date but the Syrians perhaps wouldn't notice, and if I didn't have to walk too far I'd probably be able to keep an eye on things and I can still read a map so I probably wouldn't get any accompanying diplomats lost.
  11. I'm sorry Sir, but did you learn to map read after leaving the Army? =-D
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Fucks sake, just let them get on with it. If they want to kill each other great, let them crack on. A few arabs less in the world would not be a bad thing. Getting rid of Assad is just going to increase extreme islam to gain more footholds as it has in Egypt, Libya etc. We do not need to get involved in their shite.
  13. Officer walt
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I'm sure the innocent men, women and children would agree.

If they weren't dead.