British Newspapers in Munster

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by bugsy8, Nov 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Advice/Help Please!

Off to Munster to do the Xmas Markets soon, does anyone know If I can buy a british newspaper anywhere without going into a camp (retired and no ID card). Ta!
  2. I often found that German newsagents around the bahnhofs had a varity of european papers. You should try there.
    Thinking about it, it's the same in the UK too. Newsagents nearest the train stations often have the leading dailys (well, sometimes a day or so late) from most major european press, as well as US papers.
  3. Thanks, but I was thinking along the lines of the "old red shield" services, where you can buy the paper of the day at a realistic price!
  4. Why bother when you can read most of them online, some of them totally free

Thats what I do every day as I cant get UK papers where I am.

If you have a Kindle you can have a subscription and they will automatically download every day apparently (although I must confess I havent tried that)
  5. Bugger you beat me to it.

Kindle is the way to go, free for the first 2 week with most papers, then about £9 a month then on.

Cancel after 2 weeks and sign up with another.

I did it in France all summer, just great.

Or, call in at your nearest TocH, Look for the blue lamp !
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for the advice re Kindles but I don't have one and would really only like advice on where i can buy a british paper - is there a TOC H in Munster? and if so, where is it and can i get into it without an ID card?
    • Like Like x 1