• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

British NCO Earns Ranger Tab

My Squadron Sergeant Major at 58 Field Squadron RE was ranger qualified and wore the tab so not quite the first. Still good drills though.

A S/NCO from 2 RGJ, Roy Stanger, passed the Ranger Course in the early 70's, he used to wear the tabs on his No.2 Dress and they looked pretty good being similar to the old RGJ Gold/Black/Green rank badges. Finished up a Major too!

MittMayo said:
At least one member of 9 para Sqn RE passed the Ranger course. Must be others

MM
C*l Y***s not only passed, but came Top of the course, I believe he also married a female Ranger? although I could be wrong with that part. :?

Gundulph said:
MittMayo said:

MM
C*l Y***s not only passed, but came Top of the course, I believe he also married a female Ranger? although I could be wrong with that part. :?
I do believe you are correct in that CY's missus was a female Ranger. :soldier:

Did anyone else read the story of the 7 year old lad receiving the Silver Star and Hawaii MOH on behalf of his Father who was killed in a firefight? very moving...

Holdfast said:
Gundulph said:
MittMayo said:

MM
I don't believe that the course is open to females as it's an Infantry course.

Gundulph said:
MittMayo said:

MM
There were rumours upon rumours about that bloke - who knows which ones were true? I hope that the one about taking one of his kids to be beasted by the PTIs was true...

Holdfast said:
Gundulph said:
MittMayo said:

MM

She may of been a Park Ranger but certainly not an Army Ranger.

The course to earn your Ranger "tabs" is not open to women and the Ranger Bn's certainly don't have any females amongst them or at least they didn't the last time I worked with them.

Latest Threads