British Nationals Urged To Leave Benghazi

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FCO

We are aware of a specific, imminent threat to Westerners in Benghazi. We advise against all travel to Benghazi and urge any British nationals who are there against our advice to leave immediately.

We advise against all but essential travel to Tripoli, Zuwara, Az Zawiya, , al Khums, Zlitan and Misrata, and the coastal towns from Ras Lanuf to the Egyptian Border, with the exception of Benghazi. We advise against all travel to all other areas of Libya, including Benghazi.

There is a high threat from terrorism. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. See Terrorism

There is a threat of kidnapping in Libya. For more information, see Terrorism

Libya travel advice
  2. Never having been to Libya and not intending to go I am not really aware of things there, but it would seem that the place is not as safe as when the colonel was in charge.
  3. I don't know, I'd imagine that getting a 155mm round through your letterbox is fairly dangerous.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. I've seen one of those. No problem it wouldn't fit, I'd have to go and collect it.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. I think a 40mm Bofors round is about the biggest you can fit through the slot.
  6. I would've thought the only 'British nationals' in Benghazi would be the East Didsbury branch of the Islamic Jihad Brotherhood of Greater Manchester. Surely any whiteys would've mag-to-gridded the gaff moons ago?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. That may well be true, but now we have the magnificently named al-Mouwakoune Bi-Dima (“Those Who Sign with Blood”) bigging it up in Algeria they are going to get well dissed.
  8. Is Rommel on the way?
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Only dual nationals or jihadi's need heed this warning. I'm sure the petro-chemical interest crowd know when the time is right to offski.
  10. Well Mussolini gone..