British Missionaries Detained In Iran

British Missionaries detained in Iran?
Thursday, May 12, 2005 (11:26:07)
Brothers,

On a serious note - I was at church a few weeks ago when a letter was read out from what I undertood to be a British missionary family in Iran.

They had been refused permission to leave Iran just as they were about to board their plane to return home to Ole Blighty.

They were trying to remain cheerful but were quite frightened that something sinister was afoot.

My information is something quite southpawish is in fact afoot in iran - and I would be bugging the hell out of their if I had any kind of Commonwealth connection.

cheers

Snauc the Auc(klander)
I found this in the Blogs,does anyone know if it's true.If so it demonstrates that its not a good idea to go "God-Bothering" where you're not welcome (unless of course you have an invading army to deal with the ungrateful heathen that will not see the light)

Yes there were 3 British Missionaries arrested in Iran , on charges of spying.

In 2002.

PartTimePongo said:
Yes there were 3 British Missionaries arrested in Iran , on charges of spying.

In 2002.
Snauc the Auslander wrote
British Missionaries detained in Iran?
Thursday, May 12, 2005 (11:26:07)
Brothers,

On a serious note - I was at church a few weeks ago when a letter was read out from what I undertood to be a British missionary family in Iran.
Postal Service gone to the dogs then :)

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Plenty of missionary work needs to be done in the UK first, surely? I suppose Iran offers greater chances of martyrdom, though. Pakistan is pretty good for this as well - they have been murdering and torturing Christians there for years.

Well, that's my position on missionaries......