• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

British Miltary Fitness

I've just found out that BMF have removed the TA from their list of Corporate Members - apparently because the Government doesn't have the TA on their Key Workers list. The regular Army, however, retains their corporate status, despite the fact that they have in-house PTIs in their units.

As a member of both the TA and BMF, I am very disappointed, and thought I might let you all know about it, so that other who feel the same as I do might let BMF know how you feel.

BMF, as an organisation that uses its military credentials to obtain new members, uses TA training staff, and advertises in TA Centres, is taking the mickey out of a good number of the Army's personnel; this is especially annoying given the supposed "One Army" concept.

Anyway, I've written to them to say how I feel, and hope that others will do the same.

I've just found out that BMF have removed the TA from their list of Corporate Members - apparently because the Government doesn't have the TA on their Key Workers list. The regular Army, however, retains their corporate status, despite the fact that they have in-house PTIs in their units.

As a member of both the TA and BMF, I am very disappointed, and thought I might let you all know about it, so that other who feel the same as I do might let BMF know how you feel.

BMF, as an organisation that uses its military credentials to obtain new members, uses TA training staff, and advertises in TA Centres, is taking the mickey out of a good number of the Army's personnel; this is especially annoying given the supposed "One Army" concept.

Anyway, I've written to them to say how I feel, and hope that others will do the same.
I am truly gutted for you.

Have you written to the armed forces minister or a local MP?

What are you using them for Gareth? It's bollocks, if you cant achieve and maintain an acceptable fitness level relevant to your role yourself, then you need your swede testing.

I'd rather skin my sizable penis with a Stanley knife than pay £'s to some shouty TA **** in mixed rig to run me round the local park to a cacophony of 'stand by!' and 'Go's!!!!'

Apparently the business model is failing because its only run on every tuesday, later on in the year no one knows when the training is or what they will be doing :p

If the instructors are often TA PTI's then why is it only Tuesday evenings? I'm sure the parks they run it in are open every night of the week. Stupid question?

If there truly was a 'one army' concept, you'd all be compulsorily mobilised, attend all training weekends, attend all courses which benefit your unit and not you and have your bounty removed for being fat and old.

Suck it up Gareth.

What are you using them for Gareth? It's bollocks, if you cant achieve and maintain an acceptable fitness level relevant to your role yourself, then you need your swede testing.
I know a few BMF instructors ( as well as harry, who set the thing up. )

Seems like most of their clients are female. There is the obvious perk.

I think the bloke should go on the internet and complain.

If the instructors are often TA PTI's then why is it only Tuesday evenings? I'm sure the parks they run it in are open every night of the week. Stupid question?
Its noty a stupid question, just that Polar 69 tried to make a joke but forgot the obligatory humorous content.

Thank **** the usual stab baiters made up for it.

Its not just tuesday nights...

Latest Threads