British Military built replacement Invincible in Falklands!

According to some right-wing nutter Argie site, the Argies sank the Invincible in 1982, disguised Illustrious or Ark Royal (entered service in 1985)to replace it, hushed up the deaths of all the sailors, then constructed a secret shipyard in the Falklands to construct a new Invincible, which none of the Brits or the Islanders knew about, only the Argies.

Also, Maggie planned to nuke Buenos Aires or somewhere, and a the following gurkhas died in the Falklands (what their names actually mean appears after them):

BAHARU LUMPUR - no record, and Baharu & Lumpur are Malasian town name suffixes
BANDJERMASIN BALU - no record, and these are Indonesian place names
BANGUED LAMPUNG - no record, and these are more place names
BILASPUR HABADLIMBU - bilaspur is a place, habadlinbu is made up
BURU HARINFJI - Buru is an island, harifanji is made up
BUTUAN LIMHA - Butuan is a city in the Philippines, Limha is the Louisiana Infant Mental Health Association
DIGUL ARU APO - digul is a prison in Indonesia, Aru is in Uraguay, and Apo is the Asian Productivity Organization
HAPATNAM VISHAK - Vishak-hapatnam is a district in India
IMPHAL CUTTACK - Imphal and Cuttack are towns in India
KOLHAPUR BHOPAL - Kolhapur and Bhopal are towns in India
KUDAT JOHOR - More Indian towns
KUPANG MASINHA - Kupang is a town in Indonesia, masinha seems to be some Brazilian thing
LABUHANBILIK IPOH - La...k is a town in Indonesia,Ipoh is in Malasia
LEYTE PALAWAIN - Leyte: philippines, big battle in 1944, palawain is a mis-spelling of Palawan, which is in the Philippines
MAMUJU BALIKPARSAN - mamuju seems to be a place in Indonesia, b...n does not exist
MOGOI DENPARSAD - mongoi is from a Mongolian folk song, d...d does not exist
NAKTONG ULSAN - Naktong: river in Korea, Ulsan: town in Korea
NAM PEGUKOK - Nam could be anything, p...k doesn't exist
NAMPO HAEJU - both ports in North Korea
PADAN BUH BELING - P.n and b.g are names, buh could be lots of things
PANAY BOROBU - Panay: island in the philippines, borobu seems linked to Bali
PRAPAT PAKAMBARU - prapat: town in Indonesia, p...u is a place in Indonesia
SAIDPUR PATAN JAMMU - Saidpur: town in Bangladesh, Patan is a town in Nepal, Jammu is part of the region disputed between Pakistan & India
SARAWAK KAYAN - S...k is a place in Malasia, and Kayan is a tribe from the same area
SIMTANG KINABALU - S...g is a town in Nepal, K...u is the highest mountain in SE Asia
TERENGGANU DUMAR - t...u is one of the 3 east coast states on peninsular Malasia, Dumar is lots of things
THIRABO RANGPUR - t...o seems to be made up, rangpur is a town in Bangladesh
UDAIPUR SIKKIM - U...r: Indian town, s...m: Indian state
WAINGAPU PAEKTU - w...u: city in Bali, P...u: mountains in Korea
YAMBI PADANG - Dui Yambi is a place in India, Padang is the capital of West Sumatra

Now, I'd hate to start a forum war, but the thread where this sh1t is being spouted is here (you'll need to read back a bit too): http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=17659#17659

Target to your front, watch and shoot...

Unknown_Quantity

War Hero
BDL on the ww2 in colour forum said:
But we never dropped the atomic bomb. How would we have got it to Argentina? The glorious FAA had destroyed every aircraft that Britain had ever owned, even the ones that other air forces had destroyed before. The Falklands was one big flaming mass of burning Tornadoes, Jaguars, Harriers, Hawks, Spitfires and Sopwith Camels. You'd sunk the Invincible, the Ark Royal, the Hood, the Victory and the Golden Hind. Twenty three million Gurkhas (and one white guy, who'd been hit by a car while delivering mail to the Gurkhas) were dead. Why did you army pull out so fast and leave all of their equipment behind? Surely the victorious army would have had time to load all of their kit back onto the cargo ships that had first brought it and go home at their own pace?
Now that is a quality post!

Oh, one of the other mods locked the thread.

It's fascinating how delusional people believe the most outrageous things simply cos they want them to be true, and when presented with overwhelming evidence to the contrary just say "it's a secret" :D

I just read all of the thread, and jesus these people are either delusional, very stupid or in my view, just wind up merchants, the latter being the more acceptable reason. If I am wrong, then why the fcuk have they got computers in the Looney bin Hospitals available to patients.

Try moving around in the site!!!

It's not bad in general, there are some top blokes on it.

But some think an stimulating discussion on the best divs of the german army invoves a few lists and some pictures.

Of course Erwin, IrishDuck and Arkantos are complete barking!!!

He/they claims to have interviewed vetrans, etc, etc.

They tie themselves up on practically every point. And merely stand there ground to all arguements with "Shhhhh", "it is secret".

Anyway, Dani the mod has just pointed out that Arkantos (Erwins mexican freind/persona) has been posting links to Argentine sites, not mexican ones.

The axe is about to fall me thinks!!!

Top read.

Interestingly one of these clowns claims to be in Mexico, a country with a brilliant military record. Loss of California and Texas to the americans, invaded by the yanks in the early 1900s, the only wars they have had a result in have been their many civil wars ( after all beat yourself up and you cant lose). The facts speak for themselves, Britain launched the longest invasion in history (8000 miles i think) against a dug in enemy and kicked ass.

It's quite simple really, anyone reading ARRSE who sailed back on the invincible place a message in these idiots messageboard, how stupid can some people be!

RedMistUK said:
It's quite simple really, anyone reading ARRSE who sailed back on the invincible place a message in these idiots messageboard, how stupid can some people be!
The argies are so delusional that they will just say that those people are in on the conspiracy!

I'm of the opinion that they are not just trolling - they firmly believe what is written on that libreopinion site!

The Argies are delusional.

Being in Cyprus with the UN we see it everywhere with our dago "friends". Most aptly the day before yesterday, where a map of Argentina has:

Las Malvinas
(Arg.)

Above it.

Needless to say it is now struck through in black ink and reads:

Falkland Islands
(UK.)

Crazy fe fe fe speaking MOFOs!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well looks like Erwin and his fellow 12yos/multiple logins have managed to talk themselves into probably getting booted from WW2.

dani@WW2 said:
One more thing to add:
Arkantos it is obvious that you are Argentinean.
You upload a picture on www.tripod.com.ar instead of www.tripod.com.mx (normally if you were a Mexican). Anyway, I left 15 hours this thread and when I came back I found this mess. It is a shame. Arkantos, you'll will be watched very closely. Comprende?
Erwin, your behaviour here is in debating now.

Topic locked.
What a numpty!!!! :lol: :lol: :roll:

If one of the Arrse mods acted in the manner in which Erwin has in the past few weeks, they'd have had their MOD priviliges revoked in a split second! He just got a warning & kept his privilidges, which he has resoundingly abused...

Fecking amusing thread though :D

This is, aparantly, what HMS Invincible looked like just prior to her sinking. Yeah right, a classic piece of photoshoppery if ever i saw it. I must admit, that thread has been one of the most entertaining internet reads i've had for a while. I'm not sure what these lot are on, but i do think they actually believe the crap their spouting. Strange, delusional people.

Boney

Attachments

No imagination used there at all, if a ship is on fire surely it would be hove too and dropping lifeboats, and I'd imagine the harriers would be off deck too, to chase the nazi , sorry argie planes or whatever..

They could have tried harder than that :)

It also appears that despite being underway (look at me au fait with fish head speak) all the smoke is blowing off the starboard side (there I go again).

It must be very windy.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
LostBoss said:
It also appears that despite being underway (look at me au fait with fish head speak) all the smoke is blowing off the starboard side (there I go again).

It must be very windy.
Aye aye Cap'n ! Splice the main scupper ! Belay me porthole ! Avast behind !
Hey, this Jackspeak is catching !

I copied the URL for the "discussion" to a dark blue friend of mine - hey I figured everyone required amusement on a Thursday morning. I have copied his comments below.

"However - the freak is right in so much as there is a different carrier there in his photos - we had HERMES at the time plus only one INVINCIBLE Class (HERMES was not of the INVINCIBLE class - laid down in WWII and finished in the late 1950s).

Did anyone point this out in the end...? That would have sorted out their clap-trap re sunk carriers and pennant numbers...

HMS INVINCIBLE R05 - launched and in the Falklands
HMS ILLUSTRIOUS R06 - only commissioned in 1982
HMS ARK ROYAL R07 - commissioned 1985

Only INVINCIBLE served in theatre, with the old HERMES (R12), subsequently sold to the Indians..."

Mate, myself and few others from this site have been putting those kind of points across for the last few days now!!!

Do not underestimate the idiocy/persistance of the said clowns!!!!

If you put any of these points across you invariabley get the following responses.

1. Ignored
2. Ignored and extra bone question/comment put up.
3. Told to "Shhhhhhh"
4. Told it is top secret and subject to a 50 year secrecy cluase and will be released in 2027 (You can do the maths!!!)
5. Have a completey different thing thrown at you!!! (when we finally finished with the sinking of Coventy, Invincible came up!!!)
6. Insane links to www.libreopinions.com

All I can say is log on and join in the fun!!!!

It's like a free for all over there!!!

To be honest, would one more person telling them the truth actually make any difference at all in their warped little world? I have read the thread on WW2-in-monochrome (or whatever the site is called) andthink you are all doing a sterling job with rather a lot of restraint maintained - hallmarks of HMF, wouldn't you say!

So - what happened to the 1200 matelots on board? And has he ever seen a shipyard?

More seriously, the whole "Invincible raid" story is founded on bad debriefing. The 30th May raid was flown with the last Exocet in stock, hence mucho pressure, and set up uniquely to use both a pair of Super Etendards (one acting as a radar scout/decoy) and a four of A4 Skyhawks with bombs who were ordered to follow the rocket in. Unfortunately for the Argsters, the whole attack was around 30 miles too far West when they flew up from south of the islands, so rather than the carriers they picked out the T42 screen on their radar and a T21 friggit, Avenger, on its way back to father after a night's dropping off members of "Them" on the coast. They took the single blip inside the screen for a carrier and launched. The Exie was seduced by ECM and went who knows where, and the A4s charged in on the target. They misidentified Avenger as having been hit - in fact, the smoke was partly her steaming at full power and partly every gun and missile launcher on the ship blazing away at once. Two out of four were shot down, the other two got through to weapons release but missed, before RTB'ing.

On arrival, they were met with half the population of their base desperate for news of the two missing aircraft and, of course, whether the Exocet hit anything. They were shown a piccy of 'Vince and asked "Did you get her?" or words to that effect, thus predisposing them to rationalise that it was that ship they saw. Of course, with the emotional mixture of loss and wishful thinking floating about, no-one wanted to ask any difficult questions and it was all monster steaks and lashings of booze that night.

As is the way with fascist juntas, no-one was willing to let the myth slip when the next day there were just as many SHARs around as usual.

Pretty sad that they still believe it...