British men captured by Moscow's forces appear on state TV and ask to be exchanged for pro-Russian oligarch...

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
Whoever he likes. I think his choice was fine, though.
I have no idea what your handler will think of that. If you abruptly stop posting we will expect the worst.

I'm sure you've all watched it 100 times already, but what do you reckon is going on here - he's very very chatty and going well above and beyond anything most of us would expect to hear from a man in his boots perhaps?

1. Has he been very well 'conditioned'?
2. Is he saying this under all under extreme duress?
3. Think he's literally saying anything and everything just to save his skin?
4. Do you all will be forgiven and think this man will be welcome back in Ukraine when this is over - after branding his colleagues Nazi's in particular?
5. What's the crack with this 'British' journalist Graham Phillips - is he some sort of 'defector' to Russia?

what are your thoughts on the above questions?

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm sure you've all watched it 100 times already, but what do you reckon is going on here - he's very very chatty and going well above and beyond anything most of us would expect to hear from a man in his boots perhaps?

4. Do you all will be forgiven and think this man will be welcome back in Ukraine when this is over - after branding his colleagues Nazi's in particular?
5. What's the crack with this 'British' journalist Graham Phillips - is he some sort of 'defector' to Russia?

I think he is unlikely to have received any R2I/CAC/SERE training.

Aolain

Old-Salt

I imagine he is under duress and trying to save his skin. Probably the only way he makes it out of there alive.

I have no idea what your handler will think of that. If you abruptly stop posting we will expect the worst.
If you would stop handling yourself, your eyesight would improve.

So keeping everyone of the 3,000,000+ German POW until 1955 and 760,000+ Japanese POW until 1950 was a criminal act then.
Most German POW's were released well before 1955. There were only a few thousand left when Konrad Ardenauer visited the Soviet Union in 1955 and obtained the survivors release to the west. I suspect a lot were returned to East Germany but there doesn't seem to be any figures for that.

Its often stated that only 5,000 of the 90,000 men of the Sixth Army that surrended in Stalingrad returned home in 1955, but many soldiers defected to the Soviets joining the National Committee for a Free Germany. I would have thought that these men would go to the DDR after the war.

Edit - From wiki:

After the defeat of Nazi Germany, NKFD members mostly returned to the Soviet occupation zone in Germany and had a key role in building the German Democratic Republic. Some BDO members had a key role in building the National People's Army,

Last edited:

Graham Philips? Probably a pseudonym for @KGB_resident

This is what I suspect….. In relation to Graham Phillips, it seems he is a bit of an all round cock and general Kremlin puppet who may end up regretting some of his life decisions in time but that’s not my problem.

This is what I suspect….. In relation to Graham Phillips, it seems he is a bit of an all round cock and general Kremlin puppet who may end up regretting some of his life decisions in time but that’s not my problem.

Seem's a bit of an Oswald Mosley, he didn't have many friends either in life.

Old Scribes

Old-Salt
Graham Philips? Probably a pseudonym for @KGB_resident
Bit more about him here. Also reported in Scottish Press as he has connections to Dundee University.

Bit more about him here. Also reported in Scottish Press as he has connections to Dundee University.

The family of a captured British soldier in Ukraine have condemned a “shocking” video showing him handcuffed while being filmed by a pro-Kremlin Briton.

Aiden Aslin, 28, was interviewed by Graham Phillips, a British former civil servant who is banned from Ukraine for spreading pro-Russian conspiracy theories and propaganda, who posted footage of the interview to his YouTube channel.

Mr Aslin is being held by Russian forces along with fellow British soldier Shaun Pinner, 48, after being taken prisoner in Mariupol while fighting alongside Ukrainian marines."

Don't they mean captured British civilians? The wording indicates strongly they are affiliated with British forces operating in the Ukraine warzone which is certainly not the case.

Last edited:
Mr Aslin is being held by Russian forces along with fellow British soldier Shaun Pinner, 48, after being taken prisoner in Mariupol while fighting alongside Ukrainian marines."

Don't they mean captured British civilians? The wording indicates strongly they are affiliated with British forces operating in the Ukraine warzone which is certainly not the case.
I don't think so. In the context that it is being used it just means a fellow soldier who is also British. Not that they are affilated with British forces in any way. That is the way that I read it anyway.

Graham Philips "Brothel Reviewer".

Tu pais ton argent, et tu prends son choix.

The family of a captured British soldier in Ukraine have condemned a “shocking” video showing him handcuffed while being filmed by a pro-Kremlin Briton.

Aiden Aslin, 28, was interviewed by Graham Phillips, a British former civil servant who is banned from Ukraine for spreading pro-Russian conspiracy theories and propaganda, who posted footage of the interview to his YouTube channel.

Aslin is a captured Ukrainian Marine who holds dual British - Ukrainian nationality.

Pinner is a British national and former member of the Anglican Regiment Royal Anglian Regiment who moved to Ukraine and enlisted in the Ukrainian Marines on a 3 year contract.

Both of them are active servicemen in the Ukrainian armed forces and as such should be treated as POWs in accordance with the Geneva Conventions.

It's poor journalism at best and if I can find out the truth in just a couple of clicks then so can you.

Remember this..?

(see 36.14 mins)

Last edited:

Wilfred Burchett v 2.0?

Latest Threads