British London 2012 Olympians were used as guinea pigs for Special Forces

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Other pathogens were available.

Grolsch, Apfelkorn and that giros van by the bahnhof.

Not only Superhumans but immune to just about everything.
I seem to recall Warsteiner and Paderborner combined with a frikadella or two were the combination under test conditions.

Athletes took something that is legal, wouldn't make a clickbait headline

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Athletes took something that is legal, wouldn't make a clickbait headline
Us cold war warriors were indeed athletes of the highest order.

GDog

Old-Salt
I was digging through the cabinet last evening as I fancied some sort of malt and came across an unopened bottle of Apfelkorn. Which I purchased when last serving in Germany 20 plus years ago.

So at some point in the not too distant future look out for reports of superhuman endeavour in the mountains of Cumbria.....

Attachments

ericferret

War Hero
I was digging through the cabinet last evening as I fancied some sort of malt and came across an unopened bottle of Apfelkorn. Which I purchased when last serving in Germany 20 plus years ago.

So at some point in the not too distant future look out for reports of superhuman endeavour in the mountains of Cumbria.....
Don't have Apfelkorn but do have an unopened bottle of Royal Salute whisky. The survivor of 3 liberated from the Sergeants Mess at Soest in 1975 by a now departed paratroop sergeant pilot.
Any other survivors from the time will know of whom I speak.

Yokel

LE
I wonder if this is a record for a thread being taken over by tales of BAOR and alcohol?

Anyway, I was mobilised for the London Olympics and saw lots of competitors with long faces. That may have been because I was at Greenwich Park where the horse events too place?

Some good came from the London Olympics then.

Yokel

LE
Some good came from the London Olympics then.
Cynical!! I had hoped that it would help encourage of national sense if identity (not much sign of that in August/September 2014), help British business win contracts (no sign of that) and convince the Government of the value of shipborne aviation (we had HMS Ocean on the Thames with RN Lynx for dealing with waterborne threats and Army Lynx for airborne ones). Not evidence of that either!

Has it encouraged more grass roots sport and physical activity?

Cynical!! I had hoped that it would help encourage of national sense if identity (not much sign of that in August/September 2014), help British business win contracts (no sign of that) and convince the Government of the value of shipborne aviation (we had HMS Ocean on the Thames with RN Lynx for dealing with waterborne threats and Army Lynx for airborne ones). Not evidence of that either!

Has it encouraged more grass roots sport and physical activity?
I think we all know the answer to that question...

I wonder if this is a record for a thread being taken over by tales of BAOR and alcohol?

Anyway, I was mobilised for the London Olympics and saw lots of competitors with long faces. That may have been because I was at Greenwich Park where the horse events too place?
On the basis that it’s a Sunday, probably yes. Sunday’s are normally reserved for eliminating all possible light sources from the bed space and sleeping Saturday off.

Truxx

LE

Thread drifting.

An art, not a science.

Source Daily Mail - hmmmmmm,

I once read a story on their website about someone claiming that they opened a tub of aspirin and the tablets were tiny UFO's. Some guy apparently took some tablets out of the tub, put them on the sink next to a glass of water and the tablets 'took off', hovered about for a little while - then 'made off' through an open window.
Sounds like @Ciggie ;-)

kimmi851

War Hero
2 cans of Lynx - makes all known Special Forces (and indeed all squaddies - apart from Sappers who find the spray mechanism is a little too complex to operate) feel like sexual gods, with no detectable reason. And definitely induces vomiting.

Other pathogens were available.

Grolsch, Apfelkorn and that giros van by the bahnhof.

Not only Superhumans but immune to just about everything.
That giros van, was it the one in the lay-by favoured by Lil?

If so, it was only the second biohazard in that grid square...

Latest Threads