British Lions vs Argentina

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Captain_Crusty, May 24, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

Unfortunately I chose the worst possible place to watch last night's British Lions match against the Pumas; alongside 30 vocal Argentinian soldiers and marines.

I don't think life would have been worth living if Johnny had not put away that last kick 9 minutes into injury time. :oops:

2. Well you should have CHOSE to sit elsewhere then eh? Duh!

3. They'll get better.

Can't get much worse and I've already spent £40 on my lovely new Lions shirt.

4. Was the TV reception good on South Georgia ?.

I hope none of them had read the suggestion in one of the Falklands threads that sovereignty be decided at the Lions/Pumas match.

5. If they get worse I'm not going to be too happy, surrounded as I am by loads of Aussies & Kiwis... :roll:

6. It was only a warm up game . We needed more welsh players in the side .

7. As is always the case, a few definite Test prospects have been re-mustered as dirt trackers while one or two outsiders have laid down their markers for consideration. We were a little shabby up front in the set and a little unco-ordinated around the park in the back row. Corry looks like he is picking up where he left off in 2001and Michael Owen also looked quite sharp.

Cusiter showed his true potential - it must have seemed strange to play behind a scrum going forwards although to be fair that wasn't quite such a given last night. If you can play 9 behind Scotland's pack then playing behind the Lions will be a joy...

O'Callaghan looks like another Jeremy Davidson, Wilko did the biz in every department of out-half play but Gordon Who? D'Arcy needs to sort his life out. He played like a waste of air-miles last night.

mmmm...the game's afoot. Bring on the Bay of Plenty!!

Oooh and well played Ledesma! Mendes you are still a dirty leg-lifting, blind-side slapping, ear chomping cnut.

8. Cuddles i agree with you on most things except Wilkinson he is not as sharp as he could be and the KIWI'S will hammer him . His out of hand kicking was poor and he missed a few tackles . Stephen Jones for me .

9. Never mind. We can hope that Farrell will be the saviour of Rugby Union. He is certainly being greatly missed by the pie eating faithful up north. It is a huge gamble by the RFU to bring in someone who will turn 30 next birthday in a bid for some leadership qualities and a hard running skillful forward.

10. Fair point, how about we play the Kiwis at their own game though and play Jones at 10 with Jonny as a "second five-eighths"?

11. Yes thatsounds like a good idea to me . I am welsh granted , but i am British first so i want the British lions to win of course . I know the Welsh are very bigoted in all rugby matters . I am not , on his day Wilko is the top out half there is but i think jones is the man at the moment . How ever the kiwis would invest a lot of time and effort in cancelling wilkos game . This then leaves the other 14 players in the lions to crack on , do you get my point .

12. Yes, 15 -2 (to cancel out Wilko for sure) = 13

14-13 = Lions overlap every time they try to cancel out Wilko...it is the same arithmetic that the Australians tried to use in the first Test in 2001 on Jason Robinson!

It is one way of playing the noble sport/religion...the only trouble is if that is the sole game plan. :twisted:

BTW recce-cpl, don't feel ashamed to be so strongly pro-Welsh - I'm just as strongly pro-Scottish and I can't even justify that on the basis of a cracking Six Nations championship, which we all enjoyed so well done Wales!!

13. Yes, 15 -2 (to cancel out Wilko for sure) = 13

14-13 = Lions overlap every time they try to cancel out Wilko...it is the same arithmetic that the Australians tried to use in the first Test in 2001 on Jason Robinson!

It is one way of playing the noble sport/religion...the only trouble is if that is the sole game plan. :twisted:

BTW recce-cpl, don't feel ashamed to be so strongly pro-Welsh - I'm just as strongly pro-Scottish and I can't even justify that on the basis of a cracking Six Nations championship, which we all enjoyed so well done Wales!!

14. why dont people say it like it is? without all that extra extra time the Argies would have stuffed us. whatever happened to the good sport brits who used to say well done argies - you played a good game?

15. Wilko played well when you consider that it’s his first international since the world cup final coupled with two serious injuries and only a hand full of club games. He showed that his ability to kick penalty regardless of pressure is still with him. Woodward knows that the All backs will try to break him, He is a tough lad but I feel that a bunch of angry Maoris jumping in feet first when ever he gets the ball may be a bit much only time will tell.
    Much more worrying was the number of Lions sporting truly terrible mullets it was like the 70,s had never ended on that pitch.