British Lions tour to South Africa 2021

The wing question is a difficult one. Adams certainly knows where the try line is and how to get there. But Watson is also a class act and hasn't done much wrong.

I have a lot of sympathy for Adams, but at the same time I am confident that the Lions are fielding two very good wingers.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Puts Eddie Jones pre match attempts to influence officials to shame

Southern hemisphere coach whinging about the ref...............who'd of thought!
He should thank his lucky stars Roman Poite's not reffing.

Can't see Sir Ian McGeechan or Jim Telfer doing an hour long video whinge. Probably just go down the pub, have a drunken moan and then get back to training.

"Thish ish your Ebbervest........Efferfest...........Big Mountain boys."

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Southern hemisphere coach whinging about the ref...............who'd of thought!
He should thank his lucky stars Roman Poite's not reffing.

Can't see Sir Ian McGeechan or Jim Telfer doing an hour long video whinge. Probably just go down the pub, have a drunken moan and then get back to training.

"Thish ish your Ebbervest........Efferfest...........Big Mountain boys."

Last time I saw Telfer, he was yelling at the ref to yellow card Master F.

Speaking, purely as a coach, coming through the middle of a ruck was totally legal.
If your stand off can not return to play quickly after a tackle from a hooker, he should not be on the park.

Last time I saw Telfer, he was yelling at the ref to yellow card Master F.

Speaking, purely as a coach, coming through the middle of a ruck was totally legal.
If your stand off can not return to play quickly after a tackle from a hooker, he should not be on the park.
Last time I saw Creamy was around 2014 when he was coaching Melrose youngsters, I had been asked to drop the ref off and watch his performance, he was shouting at the ref to get someone a yellow. Had a good catch up chat with him afterwards for about half an hour.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Last time I saw Creamy was around 2014 when he was coaching Melrose youngsters, I had been asked to drop the ref off and watch his performance, he was shouting at the ref to get someone a yellow. Had a good catch up chat with him afterwards for about half an hour.

Can you recall if it was RossSutherland? A youth team.

philc

LE

Puts Eddie Jones pre match attempts to influence officials to shame

So the water boy is not the water boy, this is a pathetic sad grasp, Boks win its down to Mr Winge influencing, Boks lose its down to Mr Winge being ignored and dismissed.

The wing question is a difficult one. Adams certainly knows where the try line is and how to get there. But Watson is also a class act and hasn't done much wrong.

I have a lot of sympathy for Adams, but at the same time I am confident that the Lions are fielding two very good wingers.

I thought Watson had a good game given limited ball...........I like that he always runs straight or, more accurately, towards to opposition line rather than sideways. What ball he got in the game was generally very scrappy, and he tidied it up nicely.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
He will be playing his 11th consecutive Lions test tomorrow, so he must have something going for him!
vicvdjpa46e71.png

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I thought we’d been told he shouldn’t be on the tour, and is 4th choice to start at best?
He is, that is a fact, no matter how much you claim otherwise. He is no doubt an excellent player and a fine captain, but somebody else should have had the p!ace.

I can see a few rash challenges from the Boks today. The Lions need to keep their heads and their discipline.
AWJ will be able to use his "talking to the ref" experience to good measure!

I can see a few rash challenges from the Boks today. The Lions need to keep their heads and their discipline.
AWJ will be able to use his "talking to the ref" experience to good measure!
I agree. I think we might see a red somewhere today. Hopefully it’ll be Faf nicking all the hot water, the little skiprat

Latest Threads