British Lions tour to South Africa 2021

Saffer rugby looking sht at present, due to pulling out of Championship.
Off the boil, and haven't they played as a team since world cup.
Domestic competition is bland and uninspiring

Saffer rugby looking sht at present, due to pulling out of Championship.
Off the boil, and haven't they played as a team since world cup.
Domestic competition is bland and uninspiring
I wouldn't worry too much, the squad won't be entirely English.

Jasenite

Old-Salt
Isn't time the British (and Irish) Lions on tour malarkey was stopped? What is the point of a multi National team touring the world playing National teams in this day and age?

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Isn't time the British (and Irish) Lions on tour malarkey was stopped? What is the point of a multi National team touring the world playing National teams in this day and age?
Sacrilege! You'll be saying that the Barbarians aren't a proper team next!

Ask any Saffer, Kiwi, or Australian.
Lions is something special. BECAUSE it is a multinational team etc etc etc, every 12 years.

Get yourself to a test in a red shirt. You’d understand then.

Edited to add, a Lions shirt obviously

You're not a rugby fan, are you?

shiny

Old-Salt
I'm quite looking forward to the Lions. I especially want to see what the English players under a different coach/game plan can do. Or I could also be massively disappointed as well.

I'm quite looking forward to the Lions. I especially want to see what the English players under a different coach/game plan can do. Or I could also be massively disappointed as well.
Interesting angle, but they did well in NZ on the last tour, didn't they?

shiny

Old-Salt
Interesting angle, but they did well in NZ on the last tour, didn't they?
They did. I feel a break from Eddie Jones coaching and game plan will bring them on a bit more.

Scorcher68

War Hero
Is anybody else beginning to wonder if the tour will actually happen despite perhaps South Africa needing it to happen for economic reasons ? Thoughts all ?

Is anybody else beginning to wonder if the tour will actually happen despite perhaps South Africa needing it to happen for economic reasons ? Thoughts all ?
SA is recording massive increases in Covid infections, and there are threats of a return to a 'heavy' lockdown soon.
As we've seen with cricket in the past week, even the 'bubble' isn't working.
We are now heading into the festive season, when traditionally a huge amount of the population piles into an assortment of busses and minibus taxis, goes back to the 'traditional' areas, gets pi$$ed, makes babies, and generally has fun.
Perfect Recipe for 'super spreader' stuff.
So, by tour time, I suspect the danger will still exist, and stadia will be empty.