British Issue Gortex Trousers

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by sixty_three, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do you rate them ?

2. Usually by awarding marks out of ten.

3. Well they keep your legs dry so they do what they're meant to.

4. BBear

BBear LE Reviewer

I don't like mine.

5. They rustle a bit, aren't that compact, rip quite easily and don't have proper waist fastenings or high enough leg zips. But they keep you dry, so at least they work.

6. Haven't worn mine in ages. Generally keep you dry - unless you're in a river!

7. Wore them twice in 11 years, when i did wear them they were baggy and pain in the erse so hardly ever used them. Apart from that they are ok

8. I don't like the colour!

9. Mine make my arse look big...

10. Mine look hidous with my sandles so 2/10 for that and now that I'm a fat b@st'ard they dont fit, so again, 2/10. However last time I had ocaision to wear them I recall pleasantly dry whilst all around me were wet, so 10/10 for that. The older version had a better waist fastening (not just a lenght of cheapo chinese ellacy band and high leg zips so the new ones get a 2/10 for don/doffability as well.

I make that an average of 14.5 out of 10 overall, or do I?

TBH, for free they are great as they do the job - there's guccier kit available, (such as the POL Operator version that all padded and such), but why bother?

11. Does the job along with the GTX jacket, although it could fold up a bit smaller. Not that it's of worthwhile concern.

12. I award mine with marks out of five but half marks are allowed. :wink:

13. How bizzare!

I rate mine of of 20, but only even numbers are allowed! ;)

14. Does it matter ?

15. They're pants! :) tadaboomboomtschhh! TAXI!