British Issue Gortex Trousers

Usually by awarding marks out of ten.

They rustle a bit, aren't that compact, rip quite easily and don't have proper waist fastenings or high enough leg zips. But they keep you dry, so at least they work.

Haven't worn mine in ages. Generally keep you dry - unless you're in a river!

Wore them twice in 11 years, when i did wear them they were baggy and pain in the erse so hardly ever used them. Apart from that they are ok

Mine look hidous with my sandles so 2/10 for that and now that I'm a fat b@st'ard they dont fit, so again, 2/10. However last time I had ocaision to wear them I recall pleasantly dry whilst all around me were wet, so 10/10 for that. The older version had a better waist fastening (not just a lenght of cheapo chinese ellacy band and high leg zips so the new ones get a 2/10 for don/doffability as well.

I make that an average of 14.5 out of 10 overall, or do I?

TBH, for free they are great as they do the job - there's guccier kit available, (such as the POL Operator version that all padded and such), but why bother?

sandmanfez said:
I award mine with marks out of five but half marks are allowed. :wink:

E

Epiphany

Using a comparitive sliding scale of 20th century genocidal dictators; Augusto Pinochet (Chile) being the best - 3000 killed, and Josef Stalin (USSR) the worst - 23m killed......I rate mine about an Idi Amin (Uganda) - 300,000 killed.

Surely as a rating of gencoidal dictators the person with the most kills should be the best?? :)

smudge67 said:
TheBigUn said:
sandmanfez said:
I award mine with marks out of five but half marks are allowed. :wink:
How bizzare!

I rate mine of of 20, but only even numbers are allowed! ;)
You must therefore rate each leg out of 10 with an overall score out of 20 for both legs but still only marking using even numbers. :wink:

Latest Threads