Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

British humour

What defines it? What sets it apart from other countrie's humour?
What are your best examples of deploying it and- it not being very well received?

I suppose there is a murky grey area where 'forces humour'overlaps British humour.

Quick example of mine - Joe_civvie off here posted on FB he was in hospital with a mystery stomach condition. I posted "Have they ruled out pregnancy?"
Lead balloon. He was in Hong Kong at the time and many people commenting were there also.

4 weeks later he was dead from stomach cancer.

What are your best examples of deploying it and- it not being very well received?

I suppose there is a murky grey area where 'forces humour'overlaps British humour.

Quick example of mine - Joe_civvie off here posted on FB he was in hospital with a mystery stomach condition. I posted "Have they ruled out pregnancy?"
Lead balloon. He was in Hong Kong at the time and many people commenting were there also.

If he saw it, and if it made him smile, then it was worth it. BZ.

Boot size?

For me British humour is a more creative use of English.

Before I found this site, the only terms I used were arsehole/asshole, but after being introduced to this site, I learned

chocolate starfish
rusty sheriff's badge
dung trumpet
dung funnel
balloon knot
barking spider

Amongst other terms.

Me mate, while traveling on his bucket list, (brain tumor), put up a stack of photos, due to having had one of his eyes removed, was wearing glasses with one dark lens, so I put up “photos look great mate, but has no one told you that one of the lenses has fallen out of your fxxking shades?”.
Lead balloon!

Humour is what it is if you get it fine if you don't tuff, find somebody else to shag

Latest Threads