British gun runners

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Two Civilian "British" Passport holders were arrested this afternoon in Kabul with 30 AKs in their luggage, no news as to who or what they were doing

Two Civilian "British" Passport holders were arrested this afternoon in Kabul with 30 AKs in their luggage, no news as to who or what they were doing.
Gun-running maybe? :|

Two Civilian "British" Passport holders were arrested this afternoon in Kabul with 30 AKs in their luggage, no news as to who or what they were doing

Fairly obvious!

Scrap Metal dealers?

Perhaps they were planning to de commission them to stop the Taliban from using them.

S

Screw_The_Nut

Not sure if AKs are even classed as guns in that part of the world, just home essentials...

Organisers of a corporate shooting event ?

C

cloudbuster

Do you have a link to this 'news' Jim, as a quick search of the Internet doesn't reveal much. Perhaps the link you produce might carry
news as to who or what they were doing

C

cloudbuster

That's a relief; I was beginning to think Tropper/Jim was beginning to invent news now.

Just a couple of taxi driver I guess

"But relations with the authorities have deteriorated. President Hamid Karzai accuses the firms of breaking the law and taking business away from Afghans."
This from the report may have more to do with the arrests.

****ing morons! If you can pay a local to plant bombs and blow stuff up for you then why not get them to mule it through the airport. Bloody amateurish at best.

Maybe they were just popping over to re-arm Durham.

Not sure if AKs are even classed as guns in that part of the world, just home essentials...
Damn I've run out of tea again. Mo! Oi Mohamed! Where is that little shit? Yes Dad? Nip to the corner shop will ya lad and pick me up a box of Tetley. Oh and while you're there get 5g of opium and a couple of mags for the AK.

wedge_cadman

War Hero
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

jim24

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry not to give a link here's the update and link

British Security Company Banned in Kabul

Afghan Ministry of Interior on Thursday said that it has shut down a British private security company (Garda World) after four of its staff were detained while carrying illegal weapons.

Those detained are two British nationals and two Afghan colleagues. They carried thirty Ak-47 rifles and the serial numbers had been removed, a Spokesman for Ministry of Interior, Sediq Sediqi, said.

"The rifles were illegal with serial numbers removed. They could not provide any legal documents and were detained by the Afghan police," Mr Sediqi said at a news conference.

It comes as all private security companies have been ordered to be disbaned by the end of March.