British gun culture being challenged?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by IvyGrad, Mar 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. AS I have been corrected by a member of this forum, I am now curious: is there a great divide of gun culture in the UK?

In other words, it seems to be a concerted effort to focus gun culture on enthusiasts and hunters, and to discourage the general public from owning or learning about firearms.

As I have been mistaken about gun laws in the UK, judging from how the media portrays firearms in the common culture, I would be curious to know your reaction to this:

Jolie Linky

Am I to believe that this advertisement for a motion picture, portraying a confident woman bearing arms is to be censored because it "could be seen to condone violence by glorifying or glamorizing the use of guns."

I cringe each time an authority claims that something "could be" or "may be" damaging ...

2. Silly little girl playing with guns, you mean. And yes, gun ownership for the purposes of recreational homicide and style accessorisation is somewhat frowned upon in the UK.
  3. Nothing new really.

Im fairly new to the world of owning a gun and though the process wasn't too labourious I heard more and more people saying how the UK is geared up to make owning a firearm as difficult as possible.

Couple that with the nuts who say "nobody needs a gun" blah blah blah and we have a problem. Then add to that the knee-jerk reactions of the government everytime something happens and it's easy to see why owning a firearm is getting more and more difficult to do.

IMHO of course.
  4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

My bold.

Sounds a bit reckless and dangerous to me. Not the sort of thing we should be glorifying, whether it be by gun users, the shooting fraternity or British society in general.

The bare back of some sexy female spraying bullets all over the place is an attempt to glamorise and make sexy something which quite clearly isn't - it's dangerous and people get killed.

A weapon is there to do a job of work, and in the UK, there's no job of work that requires 'spraying bullets about the place unless it's the armed forces as they slot terrorists - glorify that, yes, but not wanton abuse of firearms.

Such glorification makes stupid, thick hoodies think it's cool. It's the behaviour of thick fcuk hoodies, gangsters, terrorists and lunatics that causes the rest of us hardship when WE want to apply for a firearm.
  5. It's a film,It's entertainment FFS,leave your brain at the door. If you want to do something more fulfilling,read a good book. :roll:

This government doesn't need excuses to penalise legitimate gun owners,they just go ahead and do it! :x
  6. It's a movie! For chrissakes. It's not real.

Even we here in the US of A know that.

7. Fuck off.