British granddad leaves family and daschunds to join militants fighting Isil in Iraq

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
He could be about to find out that real life wargames don't have a restart option if you get killed. I seem to recall a couple of other Brits who went out to join the anti-ISIL factions ended up brown bread.

Wordsmith

He's a Fred Perry walt?

Nutter. He can however wear whichever flag/badges/uniform as he feels like, as he's a civvy. Personally speaking, I think he'd suit a fez.

Fair play to the chap for doing something he felt strongly about.

However, with no mil experience, relying on others for his OJT, support and backup (I would assume that he is on medication for his heart condition etc)....I don't rate his chances of seeing home again very highly unless he is kept in a relatively safe job.

I also suspect that he is not physically fit enough to do much more than man a sangar.

I'm 6 years older than him, also with heart problems , and I make the effort to stay fit and healthy, keeping up old habits from many years DPM. However my stamina isn't what it used to be - no more 9.5 minute BFTs etc.

I doubt that this chap will have the fitness and stamina required to go up close and personal with the opposition, which may cause problems if the enemy decide to go up close and personal with him, and there is no convenient escape transport nearby.

Good luck to him though - I hope he is able to tell his family his war stories and not just appear as a byline on the news.

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
I bet he had Asthma when younger or took antidepressants and couldn't join up.
There'll be much gnashing of teeth when he's dead, there'll be tears over getting his body back and burying him.

There'll be much gnashing of teeth when he's dead, there'll be tears over getting his body back and burying him.
There'll be a shrine, no doubt, to properly remember his sacrifice.

He looks the walt part in the photo's, but hey, we don't know the guy do we? At-least he isn't the kind that only talks shit at a pub... sure he might be the type to get immolated... but yeah, probably the 'more respectable' kind of walt... if one at all.

Anyhow, I want to get side-tracked and ask; what is that rifle he is holding? (not the shotgun, the rifle)

He's a fücking thick loser, he's got his face in the paper and will in all likelihood spend all his time out there pissing himself every time a YPG NDs, getting in the way, posing, asking bone questions, dripping and generally winding the locals up until he inevitably gets himself killed (in an accident, not heroically charging an ISIL Shilka) or gets bored of being a useless cünt and comes home.

Tosser.

Can you all please stop spelling DACHSHUNDS incorrectly,
love from the spelling Nazi.

Just like all the other cunts that go out there, he's another useless fool that a professional soldier might have to risk his life trying to rescue at a later date.
I hope he gets orange boiler suited so that doesn't have to happen and dissuades any of the other cod fantasists from trying the same thing, naturally it will be the Govts fault if they don't get him back though.

He's a twat.