British Grand Prix is off to Donnington

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Cow, Jul 4, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cow

Cow LE

www.f1.com

Interesting. I think I'd rather England kept a Grand Prix even and it moved than we dug our heels in and tried to retain it at Silverstone.

2. They will have to sort out the facilities, because the F1 w@nkers that watch Boremula One won't be happy with the bogs and the viewing arrangements, to say nothing of the traffic chaos that will ensue.

Oh, and it is spelled "Donington"

3. Longlenny

Longlenny War Hero Book Reviewer

I cannot believe they are taking it to Donington, chuffing awful circuit, far too narrow. I suspect that payments to the Ecclestone pension fund are at the back of this move.

4. As a spectator circuit, Donington sh1ts all over Silverstone. Silverstone and F1 deserve each other. They are both as boring as fcuk.

5. For spectators viewing Donington is Fab..For facilities it is crap.
    I am glad Silverstone has lost it ,for to long they have always thought they had the divine right to hold the GP and with that they have been ripping off genuine Motor sport fans for years with Shite camping sites and rip off food and facilites.
    Still think F1 is boring though, Bring back big wide slicks with turbo s and an automated sprinkler system...

6. Cow

Cow LE

So it is!

7. get rid of fuel stops so they can actually get back to racing. fuel stops are an artificial means to make it so 'something is happening'. the only problem, it stops the racing because the whole point is then to overtake in the pits, and you don't know who is in the lead until all the fuel stops are done. I used to love f1, but bernie is running it into the ground.

8. Ski , I can see where you are coming from regarding refuelling. However i feel it does have a place in that drivers are responsible for the conservation of fuel which in return puts the emphasis back onto driver skills.
    I also feel one of the best rule changes that the FIA have done for many years was banning traction control again this puts the skill set back to the driver , I only wish they would now ban the semi automatic gearboxes.
    These are supposed to be the best drivers in the world and it seems unfortunate that the only time you see them demonstrate their true quality's is when there is a drop of water on the circuit. As seen today.

9. I worked for Donington a couple of years back, there was talk, around the same time as they rebulit the pits, that the hospitality suites would be rebuilt too - they certainly need to be. Clear Channel have invested a lot of money to bring the track and facilities upto what they deem as F1 standard and they have afterall won WSB back!

It's my home track, I won my first race there so it's kind of special to me.

Girlie