British Grand Prix 2008

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Aunty Stella, Jun 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got my tickets for the 3 days, got my Pikey campsite place at Sawmills Camp Site until the morning after the race (have to stay for the post race party, it's superb), just wondered in any other Arrsers were turning up for the 72 hour drinking and noise party?
  2. AS, I'm going with a few mates, seats in Woodcote :D Haven't a clue what campsite, but it's around 200 yds from the circuit gates and the tent is already put up before we arrive, we just move in :mrgreen: We're going up on the Thursday and returning on Monday. Who's headlining the after race party?? It was a fucking excellent Queen tribute band last year.
  3. Now got MDN coming with me.

I have purchased a titanium chastity belt just to be safe.

We'll be there Friday morning and leaving whenever we are sober enough on Monday
  4. I'm in luffield C, but only on race day, that cost enough!
  5. If any of you fancy meeting up for a few beers on race day, PM me for my number. Leveller, your ticket for one day was the same price as our 3 day tickets probably as if you book before the end of Jan, you get the 3 day ticket for the same price as the race day one :D I'm sitting in Woodcote, nice view from Abbey all the way down to the far end of the pit straight. :D
  6. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

The offspring and I are going on a coach trip, and staying in a seedy B&B as part of the deal.

How will we identify other arrsers?
  7. Mr Spudhead lapel pins or the outrageous apparel 8O
  8. Yep, probably right £230.00 8O
  9. That's the price, mate !!
  10. Just like to say that that was the first Boremula One race that I have watched all the way through since Murray Walker retired. I enjoyed it and Hamilton was sublime.

Just a shame that it took Dog Sh1te weather to make it interesting.

Massa was good. I was getting dizzy watching his spins.
  11. Grownup_Rafbrat

We enjoyed the 'slip, sliding' approach taken by many of the drivers too. Hamilton definitely was determined to 'boss' the whole event, and the Ferraris let themselves down.

We enjoyed the support races too, and the offspring was impressed by the 'stealth red arrows'. Shame we missed the performing helicopters on the Saturday.

One thing I learned,

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER go to a major sporting event by coach. NEVER.
  12. G_R, you should go up on the Thursday and sample the delights of camping at Silverstone and the surrounds. We hired a tent already put up for us, just drove in to the campsite and moved into the tent with all mod cons laid on, it made a change from putting our own up.
  13. Grownup_Rafbrat

Well that's an option for next year. Certainly more affordable than my own idea of luxury hotel and helicopter!

Maybe MDN could start a 'keep R_B in Luxury' appeal.