British Government today

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Whiskybreath, Sep 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They really, really don't get it. No matter how much they're horsewhipped by the press and public, the stupid brutes continue to behave as though they're above mere 'public opinion', beyond the strictures of good governance. You'd think that the past year of asinine non-leadership, ghastly revelation and deep anger would have had some effect on them, but it hasn't.

The Speaker, a bit of a bottom-feeder in any case, has appointed a PR adviser, at public expense, for what purpose I can't fathom, but as a non-job which my tax money pays for, it's up for the prize with all the diversity coordinators and gay relations advisors. The bloody man's the Speaker, for God's sake! What the hell does he need a PR man for?

Let's hope that Farage (who's slightly odd, in my opinion, but so are most seekers-after-power-over-others) hoiks him out of his seat at the Election. Personally, I'll be voting for the Monster Raving UUP in the absence of any slavering BNP figure in my constituency. You know it makes sense.
  2. Politicians believe that the electorate has the attention span of Dory the Fish from Finding Nemo... unfortunately they are right.

They gamble that come the election we will have miraculously forgotten the sleaze and fiddles and corruption and abuses of power.

They can fool most of the people all of the time.
  3. Talking about the attention span of the people...

Who can remember the price of gold on the world's markets when Brown flogged off our reserves (having made sure that he got the best possible deal by announcing the sale beforehand, of course, thereby driving the figure er, down)?

It's over $1000 an ounce now. (Barrick are recruiting, if anyone's interested...)
  4. Let's not forget.These people are actually working for us!
  5. From memory I think the gold price was about $250
  6. Correct. And at $250, only a couple of the world's major producers were breaking even at the time. Quite a few mines and companies went into care and maintenance or total closure. Our Chancellor spotted the ideal time to sell the reserves...

...and this clown went on to become Prime Minister!
  7. Oh yes they do, it's just that they don't give a damn. (FACT)!!!