British Forces release secret weapon in Basra

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Philthy, Jul 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the badgers out of the bag...

Giant 'corpse-eating' badgers terrorise Iraqi city

THE Iraqi port city of Basra, already prey to a nasty turf war between rival militia factions, has now been gripped by a scary rumour – giant badgers are stalking the streets by night, eating humans.

The animals were allegedly released into the area by British forces.

Local farmers have caught and killed several of the beasts, but this has done nothing to dispel the rumour.

Iraqi scientists have attempted to calm things down. However, the story has spread like wildfire in the streets of the city and the villages round about.

Mushtaq Abdul-Mahdi, director of Basra's veterinary hospital, has inspected the corpses of several badgers and tries to reassure Iraqis that the animals are not a new post-war arrival in the region.

“These animals appeared before the fall of the regime in 1986. They are known as Al-Ghirayri and locally as Al-Girta,” he told AFP. “Talk that this animal was brought by the British forces is incorrect and unscientific.”

Not everybody is convinced.

“I believe this animal appeared following a raid to the region by the British forces,” said Ali Mohsen, a farmer in his 40s from Karmat Ali, near the air base used by the multinational force.

“As we are close to the airport, they probably released this animal into the area.”

Rest of story: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22056697-2,00.html?from=public_rss

YouTube video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ftt0GJuYwV4

2. Don't they mean a Jock Regiment is on the loose :D

3. Surely not, BADGER Sqn!!!!

Terrible when faced to face................

Easily capable of bringing down a man............

Definitely released by British Forces.............

God Bless all you guys out there...........

Looking forward to a beer on All You Returning.........

4. Met this fcukin walt in the pub:

[​IMG]

5. Wait 'til they let their Beavers out!

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Oh please. Badgers have been a feature of modern warfare since long before time began, in a land far away… *linky*

7. Clearly, as Harry Hill identified, overstretch affect this branch of the service as well, since there's no-one left to groom the badgers ready for the badger parade.

8. I like badgers and I'm Welsh! I suppose they'll get the blame if tuberculosis breaks out.

Why oh! why? Why are we there? Then again if Saddam had loosed these mad badgers within 45 minutes it could have been nasty.

Anybody got any pictures of these creatures?

9. I had no idea you guys had a secret badger division. I guess the US counterpart to that would be a wolverine battalion?

10. Don't you have a raccoon regt?

11. I wondered where Ruth Badger had got too. Surely this is against the Geneva convention.