British Forces in Afghanistan are SAVED!!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sadly whilst Tone and The Shaved Chimp's people are whittering on...

...all those who've not committed troops are inwardly sniggering to themselves "They're in the shi-it, they're in the shi-it..."

Does anyone think that any country leader who didn't commit troops before seeing the prediction of it all going to Hell in a hand-basket come true is going to commit troops now? I can't see it. What I can see is more British troops being sent out there.

All together now: "The British Armed Forces are stretched, not overstretched!"

Edited for clarity.
  2. Did we expect much else from the NATO members? When it comes to serious conflict how many have 1) combact effective troops and 2) political will?

The NATO alliance suffered a major rift in European and American relations after 9/11. E.g. Chancellor Schroeder called 9/11 "war against the civilised world" and told the bundestag "I have assured the American president of our unlimited solidarity, and I stress unlimited". But in the end German troops appear to remain inmoved. Schroeder of course stashed a pile of votes when he found an anti-war stance was more popular. Greasy?
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

WHAT a w4nker that man is :roll: ......roll on the much anticipated Great Day of Departure.....

Le Chevre
  4. NATO, politically is a farce. An organisation of cowards.
  5. It's an organisation formed to combat a threat that doesn't exist... namely the Soviet bloc. It's marvellous to see former soviet states join, which must rub additional salt into Russia's wounds. *Gloats for a moment.* It's a relic without a clear reason for its existence. Although if there is a heirarchy of weakness it still has more credibility than the UN and far more than the EU. In my humble view. France's vision of the EU of course, is as a force to counter America in matters of military as well as political influence... but then of course Bosnia happened showing how feeble the EU alliance is when it really matters.
  6. As I have said before certain Nato cuntrys will fight if it's home defence and fight well.
    However they don't see the point in shedding the blood of their young men on overseas adventures especialy ones with connections to a nation known by some as the Great Saten.
    The chance to end the Ganistan problem was blown away back in 02/03 when King George decided for reasons he has still not told the rest of us to go and sort out Soddom.
    Is it any wonder that ar lads are left up the swanny, deep in the mire while the Euro scroats do what they are best at, sit around and Tut Tut.
    Comments on this post from US citizens are acceptable only if they can tell the membership the real reason for King George's adventure.
  7. Yippe should give the troops something ta do betwen ops.
  8. Dont worry guys its OK

It was on the news NATO are sending reinforcements.

20 from Lativa and wait for it...

5 from Serbia, So that would be Ivan, Pavlov, Sergei, Brian and Neil.

9. Speaking in Downing Street at a press conference with the Chinese Prime Minister Wen Jiabao, Mr Blair said "Nato countries have a duty to respond".

He paid tribute to the "professionalism and commitment" of British forces in Afghanistan. "They are inflicting real damage on the Taliban and al-Qa'ida but it is important that the whole of Nato regards this as their responsibility."

Hum, Intresting werry intresting.
  10. Just wait until it's all over. Then we'll see the non participating NATO member states sqabble for lucrative contracts.

I think this fiasco is evidence that NATO has had its day. Let's leave it amd start again with select membership next time.
  11. BBC Radio 4 'Today' 0800hrs GMT: Poland has agreed to send 1,000 troops to AFG.

Wait for it.

They'll be there for Valentine's day.

Attached Files: