British Forces deploy to Libya

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bolo beret, Mar 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On BBC and SKY News now:

Dr Liam Fox gives interview on deployment of Uk Forces to Libya.

UK Forces, alongside coalition partners from NATO, will implement a "No-Fly Zone" over Libya in accordance with UN Resolution 4.952 to prevent attacks on Libyan civilians by the Gaddaffi Regime.

Accommpanied by Gen Sir David Richards, CDS, and Air Vice Marshall Sir Paddy McGuinness, who had both just left the MOD weekly Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Gay and Transgender Seminar in Main Building, Mr Fox emphasised the importance of Britain's role in these measures.

He said " We (UK) as a global power have a moral duty to lead the world in ensuring that genocide does not take place under an undemocratic and dangerous regime that we are now seeing take effect in Libya"

The UK will fly 4 tornadoes and the Red Arrows (who are training in Cyprus) to a secret location (Gibraltar) ready for action if required.

2. My Bold ???? WTF ?

3. My question is this. If there is that much concern about the civilians in Libya (most of whom are ex soldiers and are doing well in fighting back), what about the civilians in the many other countries whose governments are fighting their civilians such as the Ivory Coast for example? Why are we not enforcing a no fly zone there?

4. Is it because they is black?

5. Because this is the NAAFI and its a wind up? :D

6. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Ivory Coast is a small country, of which we know little. (and it was French).

Oops, my mistake. Tits.

7. When Gaddaffi napalm's 'em, Yes!

8. Thank god we have the red arrows. the only full strength squadron left.

9. No because the oil is black

10. So essentially we sent the entirety of the UK's airpower?

11. red arrows - why not send in the white helmets (royal signals motorcycle display team) do some much needed entertainment!

12. That sounds racist. Let's call them 'light coloured helmets' or 'Ivory helmets'. Don't want to upset the PC Brigade now do we!

13. X59

X59 LE

Wouldn't be surprised if they deploy the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight for this gig !

14. I doubt that the Chief Constable will be able to motivate them with all the announced cuts. Unless he sells them on the o/t available? Are there any miners in Libya?

15. Just wait until Libya's SF see the Diamond 9 or the Cork Screw. That'll sort em out.

Right, got to go... apparently, they need a photographer. £5 per hour and as much sand as I can eat.