British force kills five Taliban insurgents

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Jun 6, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Welldone guys! Stay safe.

telegraph

2. As an update:

beeb

3. The impression given in the Radio 4 article this morning by the Journo was that they were "Surprised" that the Taliban stood and fought. If that was the case, then some Green Slime need to do a lot of hasty revision on their predeployment reading on the Stan.....Perhaps T"he Bear Went Over the Mountain: Soviet Combat Tactics in Afghanistan". Which is a translation of a Soviet work on post action reports....or perhaps " The Hidden War: A Russian Journalist's Account of the Soviet War in Afghanistan "

Might learn something about the people they may be fighting.....

4. Those that stood and fought died those that ran away live to get killed another day .Good skills on the part of the para reg think the bbc report was a bit odd seemed upset the paras won and hadnt commited an atrocity to me anyway.

5. See body count has now gone up to 20 something. Good start to the innings.

6. Thank god there were no fatalities or injuries among our boys! Well done the lads, good drills!
    You can't beat British Army training, even though it's a pain in the arrse when you have to do it.

MsG

7. Well done lads. Stay safe and there's a cold one waiting for you when you get back.

I did mean a beer, what else.

8. Well done the Paras and the Gurhkas!! Keep safe and keep up the good work!!

9. Congratulations guys. Hope the RMP don't decide to investigate it. Keep safe.

10. I'm hoping that that is journalistic licence (read lies, damn lies... etc.) because even someone with the most rudimentary grasp of the regional history (i.e. my mother!) knows that the fighters and warlords in the region are not weak and unmotivated conscripts.

Edit to say well done the lads - keep safe.

11. Jonny Gurkha back where his grandfather earned his keep post WW II.
    john
    Good start, but the tribesmen will be back.

12. When you are trying to sound clever, it helps if you are clever in the first place. The 'decision' to investigate such incidents, if indeed there is a decision made, is not that of the RMP. Clown.